Leg pain and stiffness

pixie01
pixie01 Member Posts: 52
edited 1. Aug 2013, 16:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone, I have not been on here for a long time. I have ra and oa, I am finding my legs are getting very stiff at times, not all the time. And my leg muscles go rock hard and my legs ache so bad. Find it difficult to get around when it happens. But I wanted to ask if anyone else gets this? Is it a symptom of ra? Thanks

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Pixie
    I have OA and spondylo arthropathy so not RA but yet another of those inflammatory type of arthritis grr
    I seem to be getting worse on a daily basis all my joints feel much more painful and stiffer as time goes on
    I'm not sure if its a mixture of this hot weather and the fact I haven't had my methotrexate for almost two months or its something else going on
    Many of us seem to be having a tough time on here at the min
    Sorry I've not really answered your question
    Sending (((( ))))
    Maria
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Hi,

I have PsA & OA not RA but wanted to offer a ((((you))))

I hope someone with more knowledge will be along soon.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I have PsA and OA, my legs hurt all day every day. We are not the people to be asking about this, you need to see either your GP or contact your rheumatology department. It could be connected to the RA but the muscular thing is not so easily explained. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • pixie01
    pixie01 Member Posts: 52
    Thanks for the replies :D I'm worried its not the arthritis but something else going on.
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hi Pixie
    It might be worth a trip to the doctors just to put your mind at ease
    (((( ))))
    Maria
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Indeed one thing can lead to another, and it can also be all-too-easy to attribute everything to an arthritis. I hope that whatever-it-is isn't too serious and can be sorted so you feel better. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • MrOptimist
    MrOptimist Member Posts: 175
    Hi Pixie,

The general advice from medics would be that if a 'new' problem hasn't resolved between 2-3 weeks, then an appointment with a GP would be advisable. Obviously I'm not referring to symptoms which would indicate 'urgent' medical treatment :). So, make an appointment in order to allay your concerns and find out exactly what is going on :).
  • shandy4greenday
    shandy4greenday Member Posts: 344
    Hi I have a similar thing going on with one of my legs at the moment too,I find my leg gets stiff and I get an aching and pain at the back of my leg thigh area but I have found I get it more if I have been sitting for a while so I get up and about walking and exercising and find this helps me so moving about works for me.