excess things

Options
newbygran
newbygran Member Posts: 96
edited 5. Aug 2013, 15:01 in Community Chit-chat archive
well its that time of the year, other half's thoughts have turned to, what can l do next; :o with a glut of peas on the allotment, yes you may have guessed, the famous pea pod wine is about to be sorted ready for the xmas family reunion :roll: ,last years banana wine was erm; a bit yukky, :mrgreen: ( he will try to make wine with anything,) :roll: lt's surprising what people will drink when merry, :shock: l am tea total, so l just watch to see who's up to no good :lol: my corgette and ginger jam has turned out yummy, :P and the corgette and cinnamon fruit cake also a hit(gluten free) :D going to find some more receipes for our corgettes' any suggestions welcomed.......

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Can you make chutney with them? I love chutney Carol.

My Mum made wine with anything too :wink: anything :lol:

Pea wine sounds....interesting??

Love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    I remember the year Mr SW grew courgettes. I just froze loads of them. I love them as a veg but couldn't be bothered with the small amounts used in cakes etc.

As for home brewed wine - my father-in-law once made some awful stuff and chucked the lot. Some years later he found a bottle that had been overlooked. It was beautiful :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options
    [- my father-in-law once made some awful stuff and chucked the lot. Some years later he found a bottle that had been overlooked. It was beautiful :lol:[/quote]

Aha it needed time :D
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    My late MIL was another who would brew anything that grew, sprouted or flowered. The nettle beer was horrid, as was her lettuce-and-pea-summat-or-other but her parsnip wine? It was so thick it was almost a sherry and gorgeous. It was also a knee-destroyer par excellence because, when you stood up after a snifter or two you fell down. I still don't understand why. :? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • newbygran
    newbygran Member Posts: 96
    Options
    well the pea pod wine went wrong, much to my amusement :lol: , now the beetroot has been sorted for the next lot of wine, :? fingers crossed. l have made chutney, and plum jam, and cakes for freezer, in between sleeping strange hours, O H keeps prodding me just to make sure l have not hibernated for winter already :roll: l tell him l am not asleep l am looking at the inside of my eyelids :shock: hospital appointment next week, day after doctors visit, l hope l can remember everything thats said, brain fog comes with every hospital visit,.........