Pain killers

thistlegirl
thistlegirl Member Posts: 229
edited 31. Jul 2013, 05:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
So I was in for a skin biopsy today to test one of the 2 lumps that have appeared on the past 8 weeks (lobular panniculitis) It was done under local and all went fine. They were about to roll me out of the theater when the doc asked what painkillers should I have, I told him I was on co dydramol 30/500 and he said ok that should do. I would like to point out that although I am not what you would call squeamish I had just had someone hack a lump out of me in my eyeline, I was chatting to the nurses to distract me but still. So all is well and off I go home... I think the local injections are wearing off now! OUCH! I think sleeping will be interesting tonight.
I know I have a tolerance having been on meds for so long but I didn't think I was so focused on finally getting the biopsy done I didn't think about after. Next time I am up I will raid the drug cupboard and see if I have anything stronger left over but I don't think so.
So annoyed I didn't think of this before :(
On a possitive not my joint pain is pretty much drowned out by it.

Thistle

Comments

• DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Ouch!!! U poor thing :(

I can understand how one thing over rode the other ... I'm just really sorry & wish the Dr had of thought of that themselves!! :?

Did they give you any indication wen the biopsy results would be done? Wishing you well for the results.

I'll wish you as comfortable a night as you can possibly manage but if it gets too much it may be worth ringing ure GPs out of hours service or 111.

(((hugs)))) Take care.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Take what you can and when you can to help you through. I had a double carpal tunnel op last November, had one 50mg trammy as the anaesthetic was wearing off then went back to my usual 30/500 cocos. I took them regularly for a couple of days (not exceeding the recommended dose) and then reduced. I hope things are not feeling too sore today. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Ouch oh my that must be so so painful for you
    Think you would need stronger painkillers for that
    I hope you managed to get some sleep

Hey snap DD I had bilateral carpal tunnel decompression my it did hurt after the local anaesthetic wore off

(((( ))))
    Maria