Hi

Options
yiayia3
yiayia3 Member Posts: 19
edited 7. Aug 2013, 16:18 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone, great to find this forum.I have o.a in spine knees and hands, it started about 20 years ago, now just saw consultant on Friday and told I have stage 4 knee arthritis and need replacements, dreading it but have so much pain so be glad to have it done.Regards Terri

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you, I know that the op seems daunting but many on here have been through it and come out the other side with a new lease of life. New knees should make all the difference to the quality of life - much less pain and greater enhanced mobility, what's not to like? :wink: OK, there will be a stretch of convalescent time but that will pass and hopefully you will feel a deal better in that one major source of 'disruption' has been removed. I wish you well, please keep in touch and we will do what we can to help you through it all. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • yiayia3
    Options
    Thanks its nice to talk to people that are going through the same thing :)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have two sorts of arthritis, I began with an auto-immune one and the joint damage from that has led to OA in both ankles, both knees and now my right hip. I have another year or so to wait for new knees, I know they won't help everything but a little 'pain oasis' will be good. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Sarah01
    Sarah01 Member Posts: 192
    Options
    Hi Terri,

Nice to meet you. Welcome to the forum. I was diagnosed with OA in both hips a couple of weeks ago. Just waiting to find out whether I will be having a hip arthroscopy or a replacement.

Take care and hope to see you around :)

Sarah x
  • yiayia3
    Options
    Thanks Sarah hope things go well for you Terri