I've been quiet ....

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You're doing well, Debbie. Keep going. I wonder (and I'm speaking from a position of complete ignorance :lol: ) if some of the lack of sleep might due to the nicotine working its way out of your system. Just a thought.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Thanks SW :)

Unfortunately I've suffered with insomnia for years :( I get periods where the chronic fatigue that I battle with will win but it tends to only be for a couple of weeks then the insomnia is back & can go on for a year without a break!! No wonder I'm grumpy :lol:

Something quite strange that I noticed last night, pain in my ankles & wrists but it was like they'd been separated from my legs & arms!! :shock: :o I had the feeling, or a repeating dream, That theyd been severed by a garden trowel :(
    I've no idea wot this is, I have a very, very vague recollection of someone saying something similar but about a mattress or something ... I can't even remember if it was here?! DD is in my mind in relation to it ... That may just be my mind playing tricks tho :?
    It kept waking me up, 4 times in 15 minutes!!! :shock: It didn't help with the insomnia that I've already got. Is it anything uve experienced??xx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • DebbieT
    Just to say ....

4 weeks today :) x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    :) Well done
    Maria
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898
    Hello Maria
    you are doing good. my dad was a smoker he would go mad shouting go and get me some he never gave up.
    I've never smoked I tried it I didn't like it.
    think what you would spend the money on.
    I know you can do it.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • DebbieT
    Thank you Maria & Joan :)

A friend told me earlier I've already done 1/12 of a year.Lol Made me chuckle but it sounded good too ;)

My 4 children are really pleased I'm trying. The oldest 2 have both given up this year too ... I'm hoping if I'm successful that the youngest 2 will follow suit!!

Ure support is appreciated.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • dachshund
    Hello Debbie
    i'm sorry I changed your name to maria. where in Wiltshire are you.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • DebbieT
    It's fine ... My own Mum calls me Gebbie which is my nieces name, Gemma who is only 17 & my name, I've been her daughter who she named for 43 yrs. :lol::lol::lol:

Melksham in between Chippenham & Trowbridge.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Hi Debbie;

I really think it's terrific you are doing so well with quitting, and two of your kids too! That must be great being able to support each other with this.

Just wanted to cheer you on! I think it's a huge accomplishment for someone without chronic illness, but given all you have to deal with makes it an extra-great achievement! :D:D:D
  • DebbieT
    Thanks Anna that's really kind of you :) xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    You are on the right track, between the three of you you must be saving some serious money which has to be a good thing. Sit down and set fire to a tenner (OK, that's more than the cost of a packet) but essentially that's what you've been doing. I bet you'll find it hard to light that! :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • DebbieT
    Ha DD I'm half Scottish so it goes against everything in me to light actual currency up!!! :lol::lol:
    I'm going to use that visual (imaginary) if I come close to lighting a ciggy up ;) Thank you.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • dachshund
    Hello Debbie
    that's what I said when I saw anyone smoking they are burning money
    you are doing very good. what do you do to take your mind of them.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    We're a few days on now, how are things going? I hope you are still resisting temptation. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • DebbieT
    Hi,

I just stubbornly refuse to give in dachshund ;) I actually had no idea I could be so single minded!!

DD, I haven't caved :)

Mason, our Grandson, thinks cigarettes are made from manure :lol::lol: He gives his Grandad some grief about it ... Gotta adore 3 year olds :D

Thank you.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Boomer13
    Hi Debbie,

How is everything going?

((()))Anna
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Oh well done Debbie! I hope the days are getting a little easier to handle! I've thought about it, but that's as far as I've got, I take my (virtual) hat off to you! x
    Toots x
  • DebbieT
    Hi Anna,

Thanks for asking. 6 weeks tomorrow & thankfully the days are definitely getting easier :) I've been quiet again as I feel my tone is squiffy, I seem judgemental or sumut wen I don't mean to be :cry: It's safer I'm quiet still.

Toots ure just like I was.Lol A total addict & I certainly didn't want to quit, I enjoyed smoking (not the cost tho, I was on 300 a week) much like I had for the past 32 of my 43 years.
    I was so poorly for a few months & being immune supressed on 30mg methotrexate was really knocking me flat :? The Drs were concerned I'm getting scarring on my lungs from the medication. It eventually sank in that they were doing all they could to help my chest but I wasn't by still smoking. I stopped but in the back of my mind I think I planned to restart once I saw the respiratory consultant, well I saw him last week & did all the breathing tests & I didn't restart :D

I think I'm a non smoker for real now :D Ul do it if/wen ure ready is my point ;) I do waffle, sorry.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Debbie, you are doing brilliantly. It's a big thing to give up when smoking ahas been such a big part of your life for so many years but so worthwhile on many levels. The NRAS has an excellent article on Smoking and RA http://www.nras.org.uk/about_rheumatoid_arthritis/living_with_rheumatoid_arthritis/lifestyle/smoking/smoking_rheumatoid_arthritis.aspx I'm so glad I gave up years ago.

As for your reasons for not coming on here, I can empathise. I've never felt you came over as judgemental but I do know there are times when I have to duck out for a few days for similar reasons. If, at such times, you feel you'd still like some support on here, remember you've only to ask :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Boomer13
    Glad to hear from you Debbie, and to hear you are doing well.

((()))xxAnna
  • DebbieT
    That's a great article, thank you SW :) PsA too makes us more likely to get heart disease as well as a form of cancer ... That's been in the back of my mind niggling at me for a few years. I can't believe I still took the risk for 6 years after diagnoses ... No fool like an old fool, Im really glad I've taken the plunge now tho :D

I appreciate ure feed back about my posts. I'm so worried about offending anyone, it really plays on my mind :?
    Ure very kind :D x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • DebbieT
    Thank you Anna (((you))) x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Well done, Debbie! You're doing wonderfully, we are all rooting for you. :D The great thing about the AC forum is that even if you don't post all the time, you can still pop on and find a group of people ready to be there for you. We'll always be here. x
  • DebbieT
    Aww, thank you starburst :)
    It's a great place, I learn a great deal from you all :D x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    DebbieT wrote:
    I think I'm a non smoker for real now :D

Spoken like a true convert! So pleased for you Debbie, I've tried a couple of times and I know it's tough tough tough. Easier just to keep smoking than to stop, so I'm aware of how hard it is and how much effort you've made to get there. Hopefully you'll be feeling the benefits really soon once your lungs sort themselves out :D
    Toots x