Hi anyone get a sore Throat with RA?

Paul

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello;

I don't have RA, but have PsA.

During the first three years of illness I had a sore, red throat and swollen lymph nodes every late afternoon and sometimes for several days. It was non-viral/bacterial, so I assume related to the illness.

It's gotten better over time.

Another way these illnesses torment us....
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Not me. RA for over 50 years and only ever had roughly the same amount of sore throats as those around me.

You're not on methotrexate are you? Throat problems need monitoring for those of us on meth.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    One can have a sore throat without having RA, have RA without a sore throat and have both. In the early stages of diagnosis (which I think you are in, yes?) it is tempting to attribute everything that 'goes wrong' to the arthritis. Believe you me the usual everyday crud of life caries on regardless of arthritis. :wink:

When I have a sore throat (which isn't often) I stop my immuno-suppressants (apart from the sulphasalazine) and, if it doesn't clear, I then go the GP for advice. Sometimes life gets stupidly complicated. :roll: I hope you feel better soon and good luck for Wednesday, I reckon you will be offered methotrexate as your first med. Please let us know how you get on, OK? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jandod
    jandod Member Posts: 12
    Hi Paul
    Just read your message about sore throat and RA. Yes I do get sore throats a lot, particularly when my RA isn't very happy. I definitely think there is a link.
    Jan