Hi there - just diagnosed.

Cleanthes
Cleanthes Member Posts: 4
edited 12. Sep 2013, 23:39 in Say Hello Archive
Just wanted to say hello :) I've just been diagnosed with arthritis in my lower spine after an MRI scan last week.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello and a warm welcome to the forum from me
    you will find lots of info on the the forum and its good to talk to people that understand some of what you are going through.
    I have OA in my lumber and a few others places..and this site has been a god send for support..
    I do hope to see you posting more very soon x
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hi welcome to the forums, sorry you had to find us this way. Feel free to post anywhere, the support and help you will get here is second to none, hope to see you around.......Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hi
    Welcome to the site its a great place for information, advice, compassion, and laughter
    Keep on posting
    Maria
  • Lisa6815
    Lisa6815 Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    I was told today after X-rays, blood tests and ultra sound that I have psoriatic arthritis. Had steroid injection there and then :o
    Got to go back in 6 weeks to start leflunomide and methotrexate.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Lisa6815 and welcome to the forum. I guess it's come as a bit of a shock but at least your rheumatologist is trying to get on top of it straightaway with the steroid jab. That will, hopefully, calm things down a bit until the lef and meth can start to work. I have RA but the meds are the same. I hope yours work well for you. If you've any specific wuestions just ask away but preferably on the Living With Arthritis forum where more will see your post.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Cleanthes wrote:
    Just wanted to say hello :) I've just been diagnosed with arthritis in my lower spine after an MRI scan last week.

Welcome Cleanthes to the forums :) I hope you find them as helpful as I have.

I have had back issues to for centuries :wink: So I can sympathise and I hope the diagnosis helps you get treated now.

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Lisa6815 wrote:
    Hi
    I was told today after X-rays, blood tests and ultra sound that I have psoriatic arthritis. Had steroid injection there and then :o
    Got to go back in 6 weeks to start leflunomide and methotrexate.

Hi Lisa6815

Nearly missed you there :oops:

A quick welcome from me and hope you enjoy our forums :) Please do come along in and join in wherever you like.

Sorry about the diagnosis, but I am glad you are getting help and can promise you this is the right place to be while you get your haed around it al.

Love

Toni xxx
  • MonicaB
    MonicaB Member Posts: 2
    Hi there, I have not been on here before, was diagnosed with OA in both hips 3 months ago and still coming to terms. I am trying all sorts at the moment, but the best thing is my hot water bottle! :lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Ah, I know how that feels. My right hip 'went' in January and my hottie became my best friend. Prior to that it was ice because I also have another forrm of arthritis - thanks to that I have OA in both ankles, both knees and my right hip - it's not fun. :wink:

I am going through a rough patch at the moment thanks to life generally and some arthritis malarkey to boot but I hope we can help with information and support. I'll be around tomorrow, the Living with Arthritis part of the board is where we deal with meds, docs, appointments and generally moan, the other boards are self-explanatory. I look forward to seeing your name here, and there and I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    MonicaB wrote:
    Hi there, I have not been on here before, was diagnosed with OA in both hips 3 months ago and still coming to terms. I am trying all sorts at the moment, but the best thing is my hot water bottle! :lol:

Hello there Monica

and welcome to the forums from me too :)

I am sorry about your hips - it is pretty hard to get your head around it and am very glad you have your hottie to help.

Have you tried a wheatbag you put in the microwave/ the heat patches you can buy???

Love

Toni xx
  • angrypoet123
    angrypoet123 Member Posts: 13
    I was also diagnosed with arthritis in my lower spine from an xray. Do you have trouble walking and how does it interfere with your life?
    *Kerri*