Unusual requests

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
edited 27. Aug 2013, 11:38 in Community Chit-chat archive
"By the way" Mr SW said "C wants to borrow your washing line today."

It is 7.20am. I am sitting on the edge of the bed trying to get dressed. Nothing is working well yet including the grey matter. "What?" I asked. As you do. Then "Why?"

"She's got the decorators in and wants to get her soft furnishings washed." He wandered off as though that were an adequate explanation.

"Why doesn't she just buy one from M'sons?" I realised as soon as I'd asked. I don't think there is anywhere you could put a washing line where C lives. "Anyway, I need mine. We're off again next week and it's going to rain tomorrow."

"OK I'll tell her."

My mind was now in overdrive. "Where was she going to put it up?"

"She wasn't. She was going to bring her washing round here."

:? :?: :o

You can tell from all this that C is a valuable source of unintentional humour and lateral thinking. I said he could tell her I'd have mine dry by 1pm and she could have the line then.

Chapter 2 to follow :?

What's the most bizarre thing you've been asked to do?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    Yesterday my daughter got a call from our next door neighbour 'can I come over and look at your fence?'
    Matia :)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    A couple of years ago we went on a walking week-end with friends (well they walked, I sat and waited for them to come back). One of our friends had forgotten to pack his pants so I had to go and buy some for him. All I could find were real 'old man' Y-fronts but, bless him, he professed to be delighted. :) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Well SW, I've had some pretty strange requests but memory is failing me just now. One of the most memorable was being asked to capture a neighbor's escaped donkey that was running up and down my driveway.....

Aahhh, rural life :lol: .
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    A couple of years ago we went on a walking week-end with friends (well they walked, I sat and waited for them to come back). One of our friends had forgotten to pack his pants so I had to go and buy some for him. All I could find were real 'old man' Y-fronts but, bless him, he professed to be delighted. :) DD

I remember that! it's TRUE! :lol:
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Fences, donkeys or undies? Hm :?

Well it turned out she asked another mutual friend whose washing line was available all day long. Just as well really as it rained a bit, unexpectedly, after lunch.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Hey Sticky I wish I coulkd understand what you are talking about. oerhaps its a woman's thing
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Poor Colin...you stick with us and you will learn a little each day... :lol: many years ago when we moved into our house we borrowed the farmers goat to get the grass down....more trouble than it was worth..a very long story... :shock:
    My neighbour did once borrow my cutlery because her mum in law was coming round and it matched...
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I did have to lend someone a pair of MY undies once. She got very wet while we were out boating and I had a spare pair (unworn and washed because I was visiting).
    I can't remember if she offered them back.
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    I knew this was going to be a funny topic........ :lol::lol: