My Laptop died!!

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 2. Sep 2013, 05:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
Sorry guys for being absent for a couple of days, my poor laptop died after an update on Skype decided to put a gremlin in the system! My OH being a tech geek had to wipe my laptop completely and take it back to factory mode so I have had to put all my bits back on which has taken ages! So I'm back now part-time as I'm having to go down my 'to do' lists ready for mine & Mr bubbadog's holiday!!

Comments

• Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm glad you are back and hope you enjoy a lovely holiday.

Susie :)
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Have a good holiday Bubbadog
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Glad to have you back with us bubba....we had quite a lot of trouble with Skype.. :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    Even now with the computer being taken back to factory mode Skype won't work!! But something came up on the screen about IE9 is not compatible with Skype!! Not sure what isn't compatible from IE9! Not sure weather to remove it from the computer and re-download it or just leave it. Problem is I need Skype to chat with my friend from the Netherlands!
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Are you sure it won't work with Google Chrome, might just be a IE prob.
  • bubbadog
    Got Skype working now! Had something to do with a certain part of IE9 needing to be turned off so Skype could properly download. All geeky jargon to me!! :roll:
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Yep BD its all geek to me 2 thats why I got a mac book air it's almost Mellman proof!.
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Hello Bubba glad to see you have the green light again
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • bubbadog
    This bloomin laptop is booby trapped! Thought got everything working smoothly but now the B.T desktop helper has decided to not want to work! Spoke to B.T help desk who said uninstall it and reinstall it and it should be fine! I told my OH yesterday that my laptop was playing up again and he just said 'you hoodoo that bloomin thing!' such a lovely thing to say to your wife!! :o