Migs spots are back

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 31. Aug 2013, 05:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well thought I had cracked it with the spots and how I got them but they're back,a few days ago they had faded and stopped itching now there's even more than ever ,they look like heat bumps and itch like mad none of them have had a head on or look like bites,none of them have been scabby just a little dry looking but they are very very red,none of them have disappeared even the ones I first had,I've phoned my gp and have an emergency appointment for tomorrow morning.Going on holiday in a weeks time for a few days don't want to be scratching then.Mig

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh borrox. :( Dammit, blast it and drat. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Poor you. Thought you were all ok and they are fighting back. I wander what it is. Let me know. I have spots, itchy on my left hand fingers, very sore and dry now. I put it down to eczema(cant spell) but mine has always only been on my left hand.

Hope you get an answer and a remedy so you can enjoy your holiday. And very good luck for tomorrow.
    Karen xx
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Oh fiddlesticks Mig! Hope it's something and nothing and your doc gets you sorted out x
    Toots x
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Awe mig, sorry you are getting more of the little blighters, hope it is nothing sinister, keep ing fingers crossed for you tomorrow.............tc..........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    Options
    Saw gp this morning ,he's the one I saw last week ,very young and newly qualified ,he's given me a cream to use for a week ,it's called cetraben,if it doesn't work come back and see me ! Didnt say what the spots could be other than an allergic reaction to something.So went to the pharmacy and as I hand in the prescription in the head pharmacist asks how I'm doing not so good says I ,so he took a good look at my spots and says what you have there is a good crop of hives ,sagely shook his head at what the doctor had given me and gave me a hydrocortisone cream he's allowed to treat certain conditions,said to use the cream I got off doctor as my skin looked a little dry.So we will wait and see Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Mig..I am glad you have seen your pharmacist ..its always the first stop for me...I do hope the cream works I will have my fingers crossed for you xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    As far as I understand hives are an allergic reaction so it may be time to don the deerstalker, find the magnifying glass and start being Sherlock Holmes. I am used to eczema and psoriasis so can't help on this but I know that certain soaps and washing powders affect my skin. I react badly to lanolin and many soaps etc contain that. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    How are they today, Mig? And how are you? DD
  • Toots
    Options
    I don't think a lot of people out there realise what an incredible source of knowledge the local pharmacist can be. So glad you've got something that may help Mig, fingers crossed! x
    Toots x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    I hope one or other cream does help, mig. It's odd that a GP can't diagnose hives, though. Treating them is a different matter if you don't know what caused them. I only ever ate crab once and my legs were covered in them. I did get them on another occasion but can't remember the cause.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Options
    The first time I saw him he did mention urticaria me being a bit ignorant didnt know that's the proper name for hives ,why he didnt give me some hydrocortisone cream I don't know but it seems to be helping along with the other cream. Mig
  • Toots
    Options
    Glad the creams are working Mig! Here's to being spot-free very soon! x
    Toots x