Broccoli could help fight OA

elnafinn
elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
edited 30. Aug 2013, 17:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.

Comments

• Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thanks for sharing Elna! I LOVE broccoli!
    Toots x
  • elnafinn
    :lol: Toots, then it will not matter if it helps the OA or not, in your case. ;):D

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    I love broccoli, too. Unfortunately, my IBS doesn't. :cry:
  • elnafinn
    No, IBS would not. :roll: :)
    Elna x

• numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    I used to love broccoli but these days it doesn't taste as it once did, the same with tomatoes so I tend to avoid eating them.
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • chookgate
    chookgate Member Posts: 146
    I've always eaten a lot of broccoli, as well as enjoying it, it has very high levels of vitamins and iron too. If it is helping my OA, heaven help me if I stop eating it! Maybe something else I'm eating is counteracting the good effects? I need to know!!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Thankyou Elna I did read this..and I look forward to the results... :D xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Thanks Elna
    I read this ...I like broccoli but don't eat as much as I should.
    Must start eating more :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    I was invited to take part in a study that involved eating broccoli, but to look at anti-oxidant rather than anti-inflam, comparing a specially bred variety with ordinary. I couldn't take part in the end because not only did they have concerns about if I needed to start medication for the arthritis, but also the initial screening showed microscopic blood was present in my urine sample so that had to be checked out. By the time that was sorted my mum had died and I had other things on my mind, including a bad OP diagnosis.
    The comment about IBS has set me thinking - I haven't had any broccoli or its relatives for some time and I haven't had too much gut trouble. It never used to be a problem(otherwise I wouldn't have agreed to be part of the trial) but now I am wondering if that has changed, along with quite a lot of other things.