Direct payments

Christimay
Christimay Member Posts: 112
edited 17. Sep 2013, 10:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi just wondered if anyone has had any experience with direct payments its money paid for you to have care and help in the house from someone you nominate I've been advised to apply for this by my OT I'm in Scotland don't know if that makes a difference to payments but I know there are sometimes differences between England and Scotland payments I did read that it's harder to use a relative in Scotland for payments but don't know if its true any help is much appreciated thank you in advance

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,709
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I've no idea, Christimay, but, if your OT suggested it, I'd go back and ask her. Or ring CAB.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,402
    Chrsitimay

I have encountered them here.

Basically you get assessed as needing so many hours for so many activities (and expenses) and the money gets paid into your account. You then have to pay for them using that money and keep records accordingly.

Easy enough here, but not so sure about in Scotland. Maybe you could check out with Directgov??

Love and luck

Toni xx
  • Christimay
    Christimay Member Posts: 112
    Thanks Toni just going through the process at moment x
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Hi christimay,

I'm a student social worker and I know quite a bit about direct payments as my placement involved a lot of that sort of thing. I am in England but I assume it's fairly similar. Have you had a community care assessment yet? Let me know if you have any specific questions or queries and I'll do my best to answer them.

x