New Boilers

villier
villier Member Posts: 4,426
edited 1. Sep 2013, 19:21 in Community Chit-chat archive
I had an engineer out for my gas boiler which is ancient and through conversation asked if I received benefits and proceeded to show me a laminate sheet with information on. He made a phone call and five minutes later I was told I qualified for a free new boiler, I receive esa and dla but there is a lot more criteria that you will qualify with, I am with Br****h G*s but don't know if all the gas providers have this scheme it would be worth a phone call to see if you are eligible, good luck.......................Marie xx
Smile a while and while you smile
smile another smile and soon there
will be miles and miles of smiles
just because you smiled I wish your
day is full of Smiles

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Marie
    My son works fitting these boilers for people..it doesn't matter what gas provider you are with its a national scheme...I am so pleased for you.xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh hon, that is terrific news - it should save you a bundle in gas bills. I reckon your new one will be a combi boiler? We have one of those and find it very good, especially in winter. Please let us know how things go, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Great result ,what a good man to have sorted it out for you. Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Thanks guys, I was posting in case anyone didn't know about this, I wasn't very clear in my thread. Apparently the government must be pushing for the providers to open the goal posts a bit further as it was very hard to qualify before, the young chap I spoke to said that this was very new as the girl I spoke to said I didn't qualify at first until I explained the benefits were all changing, so maybe if anyone has applied before and didn't qualify they can now reapply and hopefully be accepted.

Barbara......what a good job your son does, he must get great satisfaction knowing he is helping people with disabilities have some piece of mind.

DD.........my old boiler is a combi but it is obviously not functioning to full capacity and will be great to save money on the winter bills as I need a lot of heat due to my damaged nerves.

mig..............the young lad was a breath of fresh air, he wasn't just helpful he also sorted my problem out whereas the engineer the day before did not.
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hi
    That's good to know not sure if I'd fit the criteria that might depend on nxt Saturday
    Thank you for your help
    Maria :)
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hi
    That's good to know not sure if I'd fit the criteria that might depend on nxt Saturday
    Thank you for your help
    Maria :)
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello Marie
    what a lovely man good luck with your boiler.
    our boiler stopped working last week he came and said it was the pump he was coming today but its his day off so its next wed and he said it was a emergency as sue is in a wheelchair and cold we have pull a long heaters but we don't leave them on at night as we have dogs.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    That was good of him to sort that our for you. I guess they should all pass on this information for people but many of them don't. I looked at the criteria some time ago. It seemed people who don't work at all can apply and people who get tax credits can apply. I am somewhere in the middle, I work but don't get the credits. I get some housing benefit but nothing else. Might give them a ring again as my boiler is over 20 years old and I was told 5 years ago that it was about to give up altogether.
    Christine
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Its good and free in you want infor phone british gas and no you don't have to be with them.
    We got a new one in the west wing
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE