Do I have it?

patientzero
patientzero Member Posts: 2
edited 6. Sep 2013, 03:30 in Young people's community
I am a 21 year old woman who has had my run of health problems(I have epilepsy, have had kidney failure and had liver failure at the age of 7, luckily the liver was saved, skin cancer-benign, had to have my tonsils removed 2 months ago, etc, etc) but have always been in fairly good shape and athletic. Recently I haven't been able to do many physical activities any more, especially after breaking my tailbone. I broke my tailbone around 2 years ago from falling down a fight of stairs and that's when I first noticed a problem because it is still not healed fully and is unbelievably painful. now more recently I have started to get tingling in my hands/wrists and really bad leg joint pain. In my family on my father and mothers side there is a lot of arthritis, I haven't been checked yet but does this sound like young age arthritis? I will be going to get checked but looking for advice for the pain as it gets almost unbearable and I am a very busy, always on my feet TV Broadcasting student and don't want this to hold me back.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello patientzero. I'm not a young person but, for what it's worth.....

You have already overcome so many health issues each of which would flatten a lesser person that I'm sure nothing will hold you back. We are not docs and can't do diagnoses. There are things that do help deal with pain - distraction, exercise etc - not to mention pain-relieving meds but I really think you should see your G P and get a diagnosis asap. It could indeed be arthritis though it might not be. The tingling , might indicate a nerve problem. Either way, I think you need a proper diagnosis.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    Hello
    Sorry to hear about your health problems!I would get it checked asap the earlier it is treated the better the outcome .Damn I wish I went docs when all I had was a painful knee.Try not to panic be positive you will be ok
    kat x
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • klara007
    klara007 Member Posts: 2
    Kittkat wrote:
    Hello
    Sorry to hear about your health problems!I would get it checked asap the earlier it is treated the better the outcome .Damn I wish I went docs when all I had was a painful knee.Try not to panic be positive you will be ok
    kat x
    I agree with you