slightly worrying - need advice

peteh81
peteh81 Member Posts: 2
hello, ive had alot of joint pain with my feet, knees, wrists and fingers, feet especially in the morning ( can hardly walk ) and other joints through out the day so i had a blood test and the crp came back normal but the ana level came back as positive. titer 1:80 , i have a appointment with the rheumatologist next month. any ideas people? thanks in advance

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Pete
    I can only give you my own experience
    Your symptoms seem similar to mine
    I have pains in all my joints constantly especially fingers,wrists,toes and feet plus the niggling back pain that I've had for 25 yrs
    My inflammatory markers including CRP are normal always have been my rheumatoid factor is negative
    My rheumy goes on what I tell him my symptoms are how the pain is and where
    I've been like this for the last 4yrs and now been diagnosed with spondylo arthropathy a form of inflammatory arthritis
    One thing he kept asking me was were there anyone in my family with inflammatory bowel disease I always said no up until July last year when my daughter was really ill and diagnosed with ulcerative colitis he said the two conditions seem to go hand in hand
    Since then I found out my cousin on my mums side had ulcerative colitis when she was 18 same age as my daughter but I didn't put the two together as I was a little girl when she was diagnosed
    It's worth looking into any family history of inflammatory arthritis or inflammatory bowel disease
    I hope you don't have this but its worth considering
    Best or luck for your rheumy appointment
    Maria :)
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Dear Pete

Thank you for your posting on the forum and I apologise for the delay in replying. It is positive that you have been referred to a rheumatologist so that you can receive a proper diagnosis from a medical professional and test results are just one factor considered when a diagnosis is being formulated. The information on the link should tell you more about how arthritis is diagnosed http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/conditions/arthritis/diagnosis.aspx
    While you are waiting for a diagnosis, our booklet ‘Coping with pain’ that you can download on the link http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Listedbytype/Booklets/main_content/Copingwithpainbooklet2011.pdf
    Should give you some information on what can be done to manage your pain.
    You can call us here on the freephone helpline if you would like to talk things through with one of our helpline team. The number is 0808 800 4050 and we are open 10am – 4pm weekdays.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Best Wishes
    Dawn