I'm back again

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 26. Sep 2013, 14:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
Our trip to Glasgow to a golden wedding party was truly amazing ,the daughters had told their parents that they had a free meal at the hotel where the party was,my hubby had been best man at their wedding but they hadn't seen each other for 47 years or been in contact,so they didn't know that their family had tracked him down so when we walked in there was total puzzlement and then the bride realised who it was and screamed but hubby and the groom looked at each other both shook their heads their eyes filled up and then there were man hugs ,after it was like the years in between never happened.( they first met when they started secondary school ).Mig

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Mig..how lovely of the family to go to the trouble ..it must have been amazing to see there faces...I am sure all this will be recorded for them to look back on....your hubby must be made up seeing his old mate again after all this time...glad you enjoyed it... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello Mig
    I bet that was lovely was it a good journey.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    I am so glad you had a great time mig I am sure you all had a ball catching up, I hope you managed to get some photos of your special night...................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Ah, so there were man hugs :D Good. I'm glad common sense ruled.

It sounds like a lovely trip, mig, and I'm very pleased for you both.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    The journey home was horrible,we should have taken off at 3.10 the flight was delayed then they canceled it so we had to collect luggage go to customer service where we were given refreshment vouchers and then check- in again for a flight at 7.10 ,I had to cancel the taxi and rebook it for later ,so we arrive at East Midlands airport at 8.00 only to find when we get there no taxi gave them 5 mins then called to be told its was on its way and would there shortly,15 mins later still no taxi so phoned again spoke to someone else only to be told they hadn't assigned a driver yet by this time I'm nearly in tears hubby getting stressed and I worry about him and his blood pressure after he had a stroke many years ago,the taxi eventually turned up and we got home at 10.05 5 hours later than we should have,will not be using flx- bx or that taxi firm again ,it took a little shine off what was a truly wonderful week-end. ( they did only charge us half the taxi fare) Mig
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Aww, I'm so pleased it all went well and in the end you got home safe and sound, I expect you were shattered, flying isn't always plain sailing even when it's a domestic flight.

I remember going to an AGM in Scotland one time and I and a colleague missed the call for the flight, we were so not popular but we did get the next flight, when we got home my EX hub accused me of all sorts of things needless to say he became my ex quite rapidly.
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    As the saying goes 'Time to spare, go by air' ! Put the getting home behind you and focus on the wonderful time you had at the reunion Mig.
  • stickywicket
    I never assume that flights will be on time :roll: As for taxis, I certainly wouldn't use that firm again, mig. I hope you and Mr Mig are approaching recovery now :D
    Steven Wright
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Glad you had a lovely time. Shame it was spoiled by the journey home but I'm sure in time, you'll only remember the good time you had.
    Christine
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    I'm really pleased you had a lovely time, in spite of the journey home. I hope you're both resting now, and remembering the good bits.
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Sounds a wonderful party, Mig. It's a pity that it was spoiled somewhat by the journey. Have you thought about travelling north by train? Both our sons live in Scotland, so we use the East Coast line - which is beautiful - and we're able to relax on the journey.
  • mig
    As you say the journey on the east coast line is lovely but as we had just been on a 5day coach trip we didnt want to sit for hours so soon but maybe we should have and avoided the stress.Mig
  • stickywicket
    I think air travel can involve every bit as much sitting around as the train. It's just that you do it in the departure lounge instead. I, too, like the East Coast line but there are arrangements to be made beforehand if special assistance is required. (Just like planes.)
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    I suppose every journey can be stressful if things don't go as planned,so we are off again on Tuesday ,we are going down to our sons for 6 days this time we are going by train ,fingers crossed all goes to plan,I get spoiled while with them and have to push to be able to help do anything ,dil and I are going winter coat shopping mines looking very shabby. Mig
  • stickywicket
    Oh mig, that's lovely. Let 'em spoil you. You've earned it. And I hope Notts win today :wink:
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Sit back and get totally pampered mig you deserve it, hope the shopping trip goes to plan........................Mari xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Hope the journey goes well. Let them spoil you. They must want to so you might as well enjoy it. havve a good time.
    Christine
  • mig
    Well I'm all packed and ready to go again,never done so much ironing,going by train this time it's 11.30 tomorrow morning,only need to go on a ship and done all modes then or does a ferry count.Looking forward to seeing grandchildren and relaxing. Mig
  • stickywicket
    Have a lovely time, mig. Lots of cuddles :D
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    have a great time Mig
    Stay positive always👍xx