Working and Missing your sig other

angrypoet123
angrypoet123 Member Posts: 13
edited 24. Sep 2013, 14:35 in Community Chit-chat archive
My boyfriend has been doing nothing but working lately and I just miss him terribly and he misses me. Why is that? When we're apart doing other things he doesn't miss me, but now that's he's working so much we miss each other a lot even after just seeing each other. Tonight while studying for my micro class I had to stop and cry for a minute because I missed him so much and I just hope this is all worth it and we'll be able to afford a place. Is this dumb to miss him so much? Sorry if this post makes no sense. I'm about to fall asleep on my desk.
*Kerri*

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi
    It seems to me the answer is love
    Maria :)
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Perfectly natural ; our daughter has gone into hospital today for a lung operation . She's been with our lovely son in law for 13 years , married for 10 and never spent a night apart . They are both more distressed about being separated than about our daughter's serious op . It's definitely love !
    Jillyb
  • angrypoet123
    Haha yeah I know it's love, but I just feel so dumb for having to stop making flashcards for class to cry cause I miss him so much. We've been together for 9 mos and we claim to be spiritually married. I'm used to him not working much maybe 12 hours a week if any. Now he's been up 35 hours going back and forth to work all day and night. The dumb part is that I only find this worth it if we can get a place together. Is that selfish of me? It's a big change for us and it's gonna take some getting used to.
    *Kerri*
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Hi angrypoet, I think the others have hit the nail,

Luv Luv Luv Luv Luv Luv Luv :lol:
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Me and 'im indoors have been together for just over twenty-five years and married for sixteen of them. I miss him the moment he walks out the door, think of him constantly throughout the day and love hearing his key in the door when he comes home (even if we've fallen out). He is currently out of the house for about fifteen hours a day, I feed him then he disappears upstairs to do more work. It's not easy but we will get through it.

Being together is important but so is being apart. You are also under some stress thanks to the arthritis and that might magnify things a little too. The best thing is that you have his support - that is a gift in itself. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Awe, cupids arrow has certainly hit it's mark
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • angrypoet123
    Yeah, he is supportive in everything that I do and with my problems with pain. He'll prop me up with pillows and give me massages where I'm hurting. We really love each other :) Thanks everyone! It's nice to know I'm not alone or a crazy girlfriend lol.
    *Kerri*