Now my toilets gone capputt too!

maria09
maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
edited 17. Oct 2013, 07:56 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi
I know some of you will know of my exploits!
1) my poorly sick boiler
2) my gas fire not igniting
3) my broken garage door temporarily fixed by hubby!
4) now my toilet has decided to join in! Think I need a new ball cock! Sensible replies to that one :shock:
I'm sure things are only supposed to happen in 3s :!: not 4s :!:
I'm still sifting through gas engineers at min most are plumbers so I suppose its all related so will ask them about the loo too :)
Oh I forget the dish washer packed up months ago too but we are forgetting about that for now
Nothing else must go,wrong please :lol:
Maria :)

Comments

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh, Maria, you're really going through it. So frustrating and annoying. I hope you can begin to sort things out re the gas engineers and plumbers and that nothing else decides to pack up. Stress is not good for you.

Take care.

Meg
  • maria09
    Thank you Meg
    Toilet issue sorted by my dad who just happened to mention "oh I'm having a colonoscopy tomorrow, wasn't going to tell you"
    Ok I said in between him up in the loft and his head in the water tank! How you getting there?
    "Oh I'm driving" " Oh no your not I'm taking you"
    I did say how can you drive when you have had sedation! He didn't think about that!!
    Fathers how exasperating can they be!!! :o :shock:
    Got a gas engineer coming round at 3.30 so see what this one has to say
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Well mine comes in bulk so you're doing well,

I really hope it all gets sorted in 'quick time' for you. xx
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Oh Maria, how annoying! Life really piles it on sometimes. It's a very weird thing that everything 'goes' at once.

I must be on a similar schedule as I'm currently experiencing an appliance die-off but reminding myself that it's ok. It's not the heat, or worse, the hot water :shock: . I can live without a lot, but not that. Hope you get all fixed soon.

I too had a dad who epitomised the words exasperating and irascible. A dreadful combination. Fortunately, I married the kind with forethought and a mind for planning...Whew!

Hope your dad's ok...

Anna
  • maria09
    Thank you
    He's exasperating at times but I love him to bits
    Hey I'm on a roll now
    The nice man that came to price up boiler and radiators has fixed my gas fire no charge bless him
    He's a contender for the job
    Maria
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Maria..not the toilet...good on your dad for sorting it...now fingers crossed..do worry I wont say it and jinx you even more.xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • maria09
    My dad's colonoscopy went as well as could be expected he only had gas and air! I would have to be anaesthetised!
    Just the heating next then will be snug as a bug in a rug
    Maria
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Maria you sure are having bad luck here but it always seems as if everything gangs up on us is'nt it hope you get your boiler sorted soon.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • maria09
    Hi well I'm on the last couple of heating engineers
    One tonight and one on Sunday
    My favourite so far is the guy who fixed my fire with out a thought of the job he was quoting me (previous guy said he look at it if he got the job) he also was the one most thorough measuring up for each radiator and asking what type i would like also his quote is the best of all and everything is written down each itemised with the cost with it too
    He also has the same work ethic my father had over his many years as a Plumber and electrician
    So looking good
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Gosh Maria

That's a saga alright :roll:

I am very very pleased your Dad got on ok bless him and like you would be going for the 'worker' out of the quotes so far

Love

Toni xx
  • maria09
    Hi
    Just had last quote through and it's looking like the very nice guy who,fixed my fire for nothing
    He has a good work ethic well he seems to and he's the best quote too all set out individually so its easy to read and understand what you are getting for your money
  • maria09
    Hi
    Update on heating
    I'm Freezing!!
    Luckily the nice man fixed my gas fire so have heat in the sitting room
    The nice man is also starting work on Monday 21st so hopefully by the end of the week we will be all warm and cost with new boiler and new radiators
    I can't wait
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Well that's good news Maria, I'm glad you'll be cosy for the winter xx
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • maria09
    Yes Numps
    That is so true
    We have been on borrowed time with that boiler ever since we moved in 15 years ago
    Luckily it happened now when it's not too too cold
    And this time next week we will be cozy and warm plus saving money on our heating bills too
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Maria

So its you who is looking after Mogwai's mates (the gremlins)..Good grief sounds like they are taking over...
    Just a thought on your boiler, if someone in your house on certain income can they get new boiler through the Warmfront scheme? Also re the garage door, well in our area we called a guy from Bolton (we live in Kendal) but he comes to our area a fair bit and think he fixed it for about £50 and most quoted a new garage door...Other thought re the dishwasher have you someone who is looking out on facebook sell and seek groups or rubbish tips as some people dump stuff that really is fine and my brother in law has a perfect dishwasher he got for nothing at all...
    This reminds me of our bad run of luck few years back, worst was someone dropped soap dish in wash hand basin, it cracked and the firm we got whole new bathroom suite from as its a unique colour was called broken bog!

Elainexx
  • maria09
    Hi Elaine
    In afraid I don't qualify for any scheme as are joint income is over the threshold as I did look into it!
    Yes those nasty gremlins it started with our dishwasher first but I'm still trying to decide if I should get another or get a dryer put in its place instead
    Hopefully nothing else will go kaput
    Maria