What do you do?

numptynora
numptynora Member Posts: 782
edited 28. Sep 2013, 06:45 in Community Chit-chat archive
When you can't sleep, I've been tossing and turning for hours and sleep just wont come, even the Amitrypt isn't working!
Numps x
Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.

Comments

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi, I sympathise - I sleep poorly, too. I can often get off to sleep quite quickly, but regularly wake up a number of times during the night. I do know what you're supposed to do. If you're still awake after fifteen minutes of tossing and turning, you're supposed to get up, make a hot drink, read etc., until you feel sleepy enough to go back to bed. No caffeine before bedtime, either. However, although I know this, I usually lie there thinking that I'll get off to sleep soon - even though it doesn't usually work - and I'm sometimes tossing and turning for a couple of hours. I think another thing that stops me from getting up is that I know I'll be tired the next day. But, of course, because I've not slept well, the next day I'm exhausted anyway! I often get sciatic cramp (I slipped a disc years ago and it plays up) and my knees are often painful as well, which doesn't help. Sorry, not much help, I know, but just to let you know that if you're awake, I'm probably awake, too! You're not alone. :D

Meg
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    numpty I am sorry its rotten when you cant sleep..I can't at the min because I am still on my back post THR..I find reading for a while sends me drowsy...mind you I soon wake up again... :roll: hope things get better soon..you have had a lot to cope with recently..(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • numptynora
    Hello Ladies, I eventually went back to bed at 4.30 this morning, tossed about a bit and then woke up at 10.30 with a splitting headache and feeling like a damp rag, nothing is going to get done today! The hoover died yesterday too then Sir Khuno brought in a hurffing great spider to play with just before bed time!! :shock:

Hey Ho! :|
    Numps x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Numps I am glad you wont get much done...get some rest while you are not sleeping...I have learned the housework will still be there..when I feel up to it...ooh its very large spider time...we have had a couple...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    I don't stay in bed, surfing/reading/toast,pills and tea/crafts anything to distract me for an hour or so, then back to bed and I fall asleep till morning. I do not sleep in the day, very hard not to in the winter.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Alphabet lists, sometimes with limitations such as syllable count or double letters or word endings such as 'ic'. Here's a simple one to get you started, girls' names, two syllables ending in 'a'. Annna, Brenda, Clara, Donna, etc etc etc. I usually drop off around 'q'. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • numptynora
    The alphabet one sounds good DD I might try that one next time.

It must have really caught up with me because I woke up in the same position I went to sleep this morning, the Amitryp worked well last night!
    Numps x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I have loads of them, car marques, countries, towns in the UK, towns in England, trees, animals, boys' names, artists, composers, writers etc etc etc. They work for me so I hope it can help you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Some good ideas, DD, thank you. I'd only got counting backwards from 500 and it never really worked for me. These are certainly worth a try.

Meg
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Aw Numps you've had a rough time lately so sleep won't be easy.

I will say nothing about the sp*der word

I was told no caffeine form MIDDAY :shock:

I tend to read if things get beyond a joke and husband is snoring happily :roll:

I hope you sleep well tonight

Love
    Toni xxx
  • numptynora
    Thank you for all your replies.
    I was meditating yesterday and saw Lil', I think that helped.

I did sleep well last night after a few tosses and turns, I think it was because I went to see two kits, some might say it's too soon after Lil' but I'm NOT trying to replace her (nothing ever could) these are in a sanctuary, so I'm waiting for a home visit, at the moment they are called tigger and ginger, but if I can have them they will be known as Thelma and Louise :roll:
    Numps x