anthroposophic medicine

Hello,
I'm new to this Forum, and I'm glad I have found it.
I have spondyloarthritis and it popped up the first time when I was 18 years old. Right now I'm in the middle of a not- ending "crisis" (in France it is called "push") and I'm not so sure if I get the treatment I really need. My case is a bit complicated, since I can't take inflammatories due to another health- problem. Though I'm neither "old" and rather on the skinny side, I suffered a couple of strokes 5 years back. I take Enalapril and Kardegic since, and that makes the taking of anti- inflammatories rather risky. So here is my question: Has anybody on this forum any experience with anthroposophic medecine? All I know about anthroposophy is the educational system I rather admire. But I have no knowledge about "their" methods in the medical department. I would be very glad if I could learn a bit more about it and any suggestions would be welcome.
Thank you very much in advance.

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi
    Welcome this is a great forum without it I don't think I would have got through the last 5 years
    The support, advice, compassion and humour has helped me greatly
    I have had Osteoarthritis for 11 years and only diagnosed with Spondlyo Arthritis for 5 years but think its much longer but it took a long time together the correct diagnosis
    My medication is quite a mixture I take Paracetamol and Tramadol for pain, Etoricocxib, Sulphasalazine, Metoject and folic acid for my Arthur stuff and found it has only started working a week ago
    I was on oral methotrexate (started this Jan)which was no help what so ever so when I started on the injection form I was sceptical but 10 weeks since taking Metoject it's kicked in
    With our conditions its trial and error finding the right medication for us and what works for one does not mean it can work for someone else
    I'm sorry you have had a few strokes it's quite scary
    I have no experience or ever heard of anthroposophic medicine so I'm off to google it
    I just wanted to welcome you and offer my support
    Maria :)
  • maria09
    Hi
    I've looked it up very interesting but don't think its for me
    I suppose its how we feel as individuals and if you think it may work give it ago
    Medications now seem to be working for me so I'm sticking with it
    Each to their own I say
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Hello and thank you for the time you took, Maria. I just hoped someone could give me a first- hand experience report about this kind of medicine. As I said- the usual treatments seem to be rather risky for me. Right now I have the feeling of being in between a rock and a hard place.
    Oh- I discovered the humour on this site. And I appreciate that!
  • maria09
    Hi
    Yes we can be funny at times
    I might be a sceptic and don't think alternative types of treatment work
    My good friend and neighbour is a healer and told me of his many experiences of people getting healed through prayer so gave it a go and he prayed over me on 2 separate occasions for me it didn't work maybe I'm passed redemption! Or was evil in a past life :oops:
    Also think its due to the fact that I was a nurse for many years and believe medications do work
    I've not heard anyone on here trying the form of treatment you are asking about but could be wrong
    Keep posting
  • [Deleted User]
    Perhaps I SHOULD try praying! Though I'm afraid my agnostic ancestors would rotate in their tombs. :) I'm rather skeptic if it comes to esoteric stuff. But I know a little bit about ayuvedic medicine and a friend of mine just spent a couple of weeks in a clinic in Sri Lanka for the side effects of her cancer- treatment. And she was very happy with the results. Acupunture helps. I know that. Why not looking into other cultures, look at their results and choose the best out of it?
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Dear Caliban,

Thanks for your post to Helplines. The complimentary therapy you've mentioned we don't have any pre-existing information on I'm afraid. As you are not in the UK it might be safer to do research with arthritis organisations a bit nearer you.

Our medical advisory panel have tend to warn of any therapies which advocate stopping any prescribed rheumatolgy drugs in favour of unproven therapies. If you see any evidence from an organisation's website get an independent arthritis organisation to check whether they think the source is a good one. Our information department cannot verify this kind of information for a foreign organisation.

If you'd be interested in some peer views on complimentary medicines you might like to post a thread on our 'Living with arthritis' forum too.

I hope that gives you some ideas.

Kind regards

Guy
  • [Deleted User]
    Thank you Guy! Yes, I think I understand the general problem. The disadvantage of my region is a certain lack of infrastructure. I contacted the national organisation, but they were not very helpful.
    Yes, I will post my question on the forum you mentioned. Right now I feel a bit lost, though.
    Thank you again!