hello everyone

turky
turky Member Posts: 7
edited 7. Oct 2013, 16:55 in Say Hello Archive
my name is turky, just joined and want to introduce myself.i have oa in shoulder, hands and wrists, ankles and feet. :D

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Turky
    Welcome to the forum its a great place for support, advice, sympathy and laughter
    Happy posting
    Maria
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello turky and welcome from me too. I hope you'll find us helpful and useful in terms of support. Please feel free to join in anywhere you like on any thread. (We don't bite :wink: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Hello & welcome Turky :)

Uve come to the right place. The members on here a brill :)

I have Osteoarthritis (OA), Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA) & Fibromyalgia (FM).

I have to tell you ure 'name' put a smile on my face. (In a week that I lost my Dad it means a lot) My surname is Turk :D

xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I have OA as a result of my other arthritis (psoriatic) so I have a creaky foot in both camps. Of the two I prefer the OA because that is more honest in what it does and how it does it - the other is a sneaky so-and-so. I hope to see your name here and there around the boards and I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • turky
    turky Member Posts: 7
    thank you maria, dreamdaisy, stickywicket and debbie for your welcomes.
    and debbie i am sorry to hear you just lost your dad, glad i made you smile.
    love to all turky. :D
  • Mariefrance
    Mariefrance Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    I've just joined & don't know my way around.Anyway,hello everybody.I have OA in both hips,the left one worse than the the other,lower back & both shoulders.My son died last year in August & honestly,from the moment of that dreadful event,the OA has gone up a few notches & I'm at loss as to what to do exercise wise as moving about is painful but I know that exercise does help.what kind?what to do?
    My son was adult & I've just had my 76th Birthday.
    Look forward to hearing from you all & about you.

Mariefrance.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    As the mother of two adult sons my heart goes out to you, Mariefrance. I'm sure that nothing arthritis can do to you will be worse than the loss of your son.

It's not surprising that your OA is worse. It does get worse anyway, with time, but stress can also be a factor.

Yes, exercise helps but it has to be the right kind of exercise as you are clearly aware. Arthritis Care details some in their booklet on Healthy Living. If you click on the 'Publications and Resources' button at the top of the page you'll get there. Tai Chi and Yoga can also be good if you can do them.

Please join in on any of the threads on any forums. Living With Arthritis and Chit Chat are the most popular ones.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    hello turky and Mariefrance
    turky I have OA in quite a few joints ..so I understand what you are going through...there is lots of info and support on the forum so I do hope you will stay with us
    Mariefrance I am so very sorry to hear you lost your son, how awful...no wonder your OA has gone up a notch ..I noticed when I lost my brother that mine did the same....shock can caused so many things...I have OA in my hips and I had one hip replaces 10 weeks ago and I am very pleased with it...I hope to see you around the forum..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    turky wrote:
    thank you maria, dreamdaisy, stickywicket and debbie for your welcomes.
    and debbie i am sorry to hear you just lost your dad, glad i made you smile.
    love to all turky. :D
    Hi there Turky

I like your name too and would also like to welcome you to our forums :)

Please do come along and join in on the other forums

Love

Toni xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi,
    I've just joined & don't know my way around.Anyway,hello everybody.I have OA in both hips,the left one worse than the the other,lower back & both shoulders.My son died last year in August & honestly,from the moment of that dreadful event,the OA has gone up a few notches & I'm at loss as to what to do exercise wise as moving about is painful but I know that exercise does help.what kind?what to do?
    My son was adult & I've just had my 76th Birthday.
    Look forward to hearing from you all & about you.

Mariefrance.

Dear Mariefrance

Welcome to our forums from me too :) .

I am so sorry to hear your dreadful news about your son. I am not surprised about the arthritis worsening following such a shocking and sad thing happening.

We are a friendly bunch on here and am sure all our experience will help you along the way.

Love

Toni xxx