Wind out of sails

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 23. Oct 2013, 15:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
My beloved took the wind out of mine today. I've spent years trying to find an aerobic exercise I can do safely and I've picked the brains of several physios in vain. Finally I cracked it and I've been slowly and gradually increasing my number of step-ups. Today, when I'd finished, I proudly announced “260”. His reply? “You're blowing a bit.” Yup, that's the idea, my love.

Plus, I had difficulty hooking my large disabled-key-holder onto the key hoooks so he kindly put a large one at the side just for me. It's so useful and handy that he now uses it for all his keys :roll:

So what does your nearest and dearest do and say to make your arthritic life that little bit harder?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hee you are limping better love... :?
    Love
    Barbara
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    He s a complete bossy boots ,he keeps forceing thick woolly socks on me .and I cant get my boots on :lol:
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    I haven't got an OH, it doesn't bother me a bit it just means I can please myself what I do and where I go, when I was married he would always find a criticism in anything I did, never any help or praise.
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Wears his boots in the house, tracking in muck and dirt. Socks and wood shavings (because of his work) everywhere! Absolutely doesn't bother picking up after himself :roll: ! I nag about the boots but everything else I just live with because he is so loyal and devoted.... :D
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Me - Oooof! Stuff's hurting.

Him - What? Still?

We are having an on-going debate about various aspects of getting house market-ready. I am prepared to call in help from all over the shop, he is adamant we will do it ourselves. I am used to asking for help (and frequently do) but he is still able to be Mr Independent. Hmph. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    No dearest and nearest here. Apart from the cat, aka "lily in the field". So I'm totally unbothered by any misbehaviour of a dearest. And of any help from one.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    When/I/was/complaining/that/his parents/never/offer/to/help/his reply/waswhy/don't/you/ask/your/parents/to/help.

Because/They've/both/been/dead/for/many/years.... :(

I/forgive/him/because/I/know/he/always/makes stupid/comments.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Stupid? No, tkachev, I think it's insensitive and unkind. A () for you from me. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    He screws bottles and jars as tight as he can despite several requests/shouts from me about him maybe considering not to be so brutal. He also keeps booby-trapping my bath with the baby bath and his bottles of shower things so I can't get in easily. Other than that he's usually quite good and helpful.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Me.......................oh walls I am hurting so much, feeling so much pain, what can I do.

Walls...................Just go and get plastered :lol:

LV.......... lovely to see you around hope you and the sprogs are thriving xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles