Come on in, the water's fine!

Numptydumpty
Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
edited 28. Oct 2013, 18:31 in Community Chit-chat archive
During a ridiculously heavy downpour this morning, my hallway flooded! So, always one to make the most of any opportunity, I thought we could have a beach party 8)
Red and white wine, beer and nibbles provided. Sorry, I have no sand, but plenty of towels strewn about.
Please bring your own swimwear, (sorry Sticky, no skinnydipping :shock: My nerves are shattered as it is :wink: ).
Everyone's welcome, be there or be square :lol:

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Any life guards ? Must be in lycra .

Seriously Numpty hope things are sorted soon. (((()))) Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    oh this sounds good..not the flooding that is awful...I will go and look for my teeny bikini...(I wish ) :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    That's a shame hope the insurance covers it......................on my way Numpty, I have some nice garlands I will bring and all the odds and sods from my last party, have just been shopping got a load of fruit we can make a nice punch..........on my way to Numptys on my way to Numptys dah dah dah de dah dah dah................see you soon x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    A party!!! Yep- I'm in! Guess I just have to follow the splashing sounds and the giggles. I'll bring my baggy bermuda's with the flowery pattern and a casket of red. But I very much doubt the insurance will cover the damage caused by the party-goers.
    (Here it is still relatively warm, about 80-81 F.And there is a bushfire going :shock: !)
  • Numptydumpty
    Mig, you may need to bring your own lycra clad men, they're few and far between, not surprising considering the rate at which you get through them :o:lol:

caliban, maybe we could sit around your bushfire to dry off after our swim :?

Now, Barbara and villier, more splashing and giggling, so caliban can find his way. We should see him coming in those shorts :wink:
  • [Deleted User]
    You will HEAR me coming, having carried all the red wine to foggy Island!
    Yep- we may even roast some potatos in the remains of the bushfire.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Have sand, will travel. Mr SW bought some to scatter on what he fondly calls his 'lawn' yesterday. Never mind the skinny dipping. Will there be appropriate seating for changing purposes plus dressing sticks, button doer-uppers, long-handled combs.....? Oh, forget it. A lycra-clad lifeguard will suffice for all purposes.

(How're you doing? By that I mean coping with it, not are you doing breast-stroke, crawl etc)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    It's OK, no real damage as it's a quarry tiled floor. I was worried it would seep through to the living room (lovely reclaimed wood floor), but luckily it didn't. I think my swearing and threats stopped it in its tracks :lol: And it's stopped raining now :D

Now where is caliban with that case of wine?
  • [Deleted User]
    Sorry! Got stuck at the street café. U know how it is...
  • Numptydumpty
    If only, caliban, if only :lol:
  • barbara12
    Here we go for when we have finished the party..we can all mop up for you.. a065.gif hope you get it sorted soon...
    Love
    Barbara
  • [Deleted User]
    @ humpty: there should be an emoticon to stick out the tongue .it's the small pleasures... in fact I have to wait until they've put out the fire. Road home is blocked
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I've spent most of the day digging out my flippers and snorkel, I take it they won't be needed? :( Better for you, though, hurrah!

Caliban? Uh baggir. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • [Deleted User]
    Home is fine. Wind knows the other way. T'was different last year. Bless your rain.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Have you escaped the worst of the storms, Numpty? I hope so. My neighbours have had some damage but we're OK (well, so far). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    Hope you got the floors dried out numpty...
    Love
    Barbara
  • Numptydumpty
    It hasn't been too bad here. Lots of rain, causing my nicely dried out hallway to flood again :shock: but not too badly. It's been quite windy, but then again it often is here in the fens, nothing to stop it I suppose, and we're quite used to it. No major damage fortunately. :D
    A lot of people didn't get off so lightly though :(
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Glad you didn't have any major damage Numpty, lets hope that it is by for now xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Good. I think. At least it could have been worse.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright