Look out for this virus on your computers!

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 4. Nov 2013, 06:50 in Community Chit-chat archive
I've been hit for a second time with this nasty virus! It comes up on your computer as 'Delta Search'. What ever you do don't use it. It piggy backs on to your computer via what sites you look at and it slows your computer down. It will come up as your homepage, it gets in to all your personal information. It is extremely hard to get off your computer I've read so many people are having trouble with it. My OH found an Maleware AV Cleaner programme that got it off in the end. Be on the lookout!

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thanks for the warning bubba...I will keep my eyes open...there are so many of these things the security doesn't always pick up on them.. :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Thanks for the warning Bubba x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    It sounds nasty, bubbadog. I have the aforementioned company as my virus protector and I don't think I've ever had a virus with it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    There is an easy way to get rid of Delta search for good.
    Go into tools or settings then manage search engines. Where you see an X at the right tick that to get rid of any that you don't need.
    If you are using Google chrome click on settings then extensions, there it will show you what browsers and search engines are on your computer, simply cross out the ones you don't want.

When finished scroll down and click DONE. All those nasty search engines and unwanted browsers will be gone and what's more you should find your computer running much faster too.

To make it even run more faster, click start then run, type in Prefetch then delete everything there is there, then click start and then run again and type in %Temp% and delete everything there too. Just watch how must faster your computer will be now.
    You wont lose anything, you are just getting rid of nasty things that cling on to your internal memory drive that you don't need.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Thank you Bubba (and Rondetto) for the warning and the good advice. I've never come across Delta and hope I never do. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • rondetto
    Delta is a search engine that attaches to Google Chrome, it is a virus however and if you are unfortunate to have it on your PC it is easy enough to get rid of. There are many such as Bing and Babylon that also attach to Firefox and safari etc, they're also easy to get rid of and once you rid them you find your computer running much better.
  • barbara12
    Thanks Ron that is very good advice...not sure if its one but I cant get of ask..it has attached itself to google...so I will try what you said.. :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • rondetto
    Yes Babs, follow my instructions and delete Ask and click done and it should be off then. That's another search engine that attaches to your browser, they shouldn't do that but unfortunately they do.
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Bubba

Is this the one think we have had it for ages on our computer and it does go slower...When go onto google chrome now a sort of loop that looks like the google colour comes up...

Elainexx
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Thanks for the warning bubba, and the advice Ron.
    Numpty
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Thanks for that info, I'm on windows 8 and I don't like it. there isn't a start symbol in the corner just an on/off symbol, everything is arranged very differently from the previous windows that I was used to, it's much easier for the young ones as their brains are like sponges! OK, I've had my moan so I'm off now :roll:
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • bubbadog
    It sounds like it Elaine, you think it's a normal Search Engine and it does slow your computer down big time! When you go onto Google Chrome 1st thing The Delta Search Engine comes up 1st. Do you have a malware programme on your computer? If the answers no then find one your happy with put it on your laptop/PC and give it a clean! And hopefully that will get rid of any nasties on your lappy/PC.

As for rondetto's answer about getting rid of the Delta Search by using the the 'settings ' idea, we tried that the 1st time it happened and this time and it didn't sort it out! My OH got a Malware programme from off the computer called ADW Cleaner, it gets rid of viruses and (his words) any XXXX that's got onto your computer!! And it's worked!

I'm not sure of your Idea for getting your computer to work faster as you can understand 'once bitten twice shy!' Where did you find that idea? I'll check it out and see if it won't put more problems on to my lappy 1st.

[Text edited for * swearing. House Rule 1. Mod B
  • rondetto
    It is slightly different on Windows 8. You can easily get rid of unwanted tool bars and browsers by going into control panel and selecting "uninstall a programme" Scroll down to any that you don't want and click uninstall.
    Just remember to click ok and apply if you are asked to d so.
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Thanks Ron, I've already done that, because I was running a bit slow, I ended up taking it back to a previous date, I've uninstalled Chrome because it kept showing me "Ask" search. I know what I want and I don't like being led to something I didn't ask for....humfff
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • rondetto
    I've heard of a few using windows 8 that are having similar problems. It may be a while before they sort them out.
  • elainebadknee
    Bubba

Is snapdo the same thing as Delta?We have that.

elaine
  • barbara12
    rondetto wrote:
    Yes Babs, follow my instructions and delete Ask and click done and it should be off then. That's another search engine that attaches to your browser, they shouldn't do that but unfortunately they do.
    Ron you are a star..it has worked ..and I have deleted all those files and folders..I think you should be our resident comp expert... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • rondetto
    Thanks Babs. It's just knowing what to do and where to do it. I'm here if anyone needs help.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Off to France tomorrow all being well, but on my return I will check thoroughly Amanda and then follow Ron's advice.

Thanks very much both

Naughty girl swearing :lol:

Love

Toni xxx
  • rondetto
    Have a great time Toni. xxx
  • barbara12
    rondetto wrote:
    Thanks Babs. It's just knowing what to do and where to do it. I'm here if anyone needs help.
    Thanks Ron you may regret this... :) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Thanks for the warning Bubba and to Ron for the 'cure'. I've had a look and didn't have anything. Good to know for the future though.
    Christine
  • bubbadog
    Right Ron, I've done what you suggested as my computer is slow still so if anything goes wrong or I have any problems it's on your head!!
  • elainebadknee
    I tried the above on my laptop but it didn't have an untick button for delta or a done button?

Elainexx
  • rondetto
    Elaine have you looked in the uninstall a programme? If you see Delta there you may be able to delete it.