Still going

Options
LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 28. Oct 2013, 07:41 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hello everybody
Hope you are all keeping as well as can be. I thought I'd let you know that I'm still here in the shadows, reading but not getting much chance to post. I'm still loving this twin business and this morning after a couple of weeks of snot, howls and scary fevers I was rewarded with the appearance of some teeth in both mouths. My babies are growing up already! They're 6.5 months and utterly adorable (I may be biased).

Sadly next week is my last week of mat leave, I'm trying to be positive, I only go back 2.5 days a week doing one two day week followed by a three day week. The girls are going to be with my mum for two days and Mr LV for the one day. He is in the process of being checked out for a new job working with addicted prisoners. Better work, right up his street and he gets a uniform which is fun for me!

Arthritis is still the enemy, my back seems to behave a bit better after the 9 month strengthening exercise that was pregnancy but my left wrist is actually quite rubbish. It doesn't do very much at all and has been known to let me down the evil pesty thing. I'm sure it used to be much more useful but I'm telling myself I just use it differently now and so I notice the problems now but they've always been there. Silly but it stops me worrying about it too much! My shoulder and neck are also naughty but I guess that's arthritis isn't it?!

Missing you all! LV xx
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Great to hear from you LV, I think about you a lot and wonder how things have been for you and the girls. It looks as though you have coped admirably and I am sure with your integrity and compassion you will get through what life throws at you.

I can imagine it is going to be so hard having to go back to work leaving the girls, at least it is not with strangers and your girls will be happy.

You will get there LV and we are all here for you, you can be in the background all you want, we know you are around and will be busier than ever when you start work (((())) to you hope keep as well as you can..................tc...................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    LV it is so lovely to hear from you..I do think of you often and the twins..teeth in both mouth's...how brilliant that they are doing that together..bless..I love to watch twins interacting with one another and seeing there different characters evolved....poor you having to leave them ...but they will be safe with your mum and Mr LV but I know its so hard to do.
    Has for the arthritis..you must try and look after yourself..not easy with tow babies...sorry bet I am sounding like your mum... :D
    You make sure we get updated from time to time...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    I look for your posts and thought you might have fallen
    off your perch.
    Glad to read the news of your gorgeous babes. Take care
    of them. Kids are the best things that can happen in your life.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hi LV,Glad things are well with the girls,always look forward to your posts.
    Potions are brewing in the cauldron chuck anything out of date in. Hugs to all Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello my lovely, it's great to hear from you again. I am glad the girls are thriving but it's not such good news about you, is it? Hey-ho, 'tis the nature of this ghastly beast that inhabits our bodies and lives. :( Good luck with the return to work, I hope it all works out and that Mr LV is successful in his application. I wish you all well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,410
    Options
    Lignumvitae!!!!!!!!!!

Lovely to see you :)

and lovely to hear how the bubbas are doing too.

16 weeks that was the sum total of my mat leave......including the bit before :( It wasn't enough but neither would have 6.2 months been so you have all my sympathy.

So you know there are some good bits to going back to work:

1. being called Toni :D
    2. Drinking hot coffee
    3. eating sandwiches without interruption

Take care of yourself and I think overall arthritis is being reasonably well-behaved considering the new demands. I hope it continues :)

Love and ((())) For bubbas ((((()))))

Toni xxx
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    Th babies must be getting more interesting now thier own little carachters will be developing, you may have a more restful day at work too!. Nice to here about you.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Hello LV. I'm sorry I've missed this thread but delighted things are going well for Mr LV and the two misses LV even if it sounds a bit tough on Mum. My guess is your arm is just protesting at all the heavy lifting it's having to do. It does get better in that respect once they can walk - except then you have to start walking after them so the knees pack in :roll: My love to all.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright