Pompous twerp.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 26. Oct 2013, 13:00 in Community Chit-chat archive
And yes, I am talking about my belovéd (or rather my currently not-so belovéd) husband.

We have a Keep Calm and Carry On chalkboard in the kitchen which we use to note items to go on the next week's shopping list. It's cleaned every Sunday evening. Come Saturday night I was on the receiving end of a polite-but-slightly-impatient lecture about making sure I wrote down the things I had finished as a reminder for me to buy more. I do and I had. He couldn't locate the replacement herbs I had bought and that was somehow my fault. :? Board duly cleaned and then he cooked.

Tonight I go to start a pasta sauce and discover that there are no chopped tomatoes. And the board is blank. I reckon it's a classic case of 'Don't do as I do etc etc etc . . . ' :) He is under some strain (as am I) but I won't make an issue of it, hence my moan on here. A lovely neighbour came to my rescue, his sauce is under way but he will not be getting meatballs. Stuff hurts too much and I can't be bothered tonight to deal with three pans on the hob. Life is too short, mine especially.

Today is my late mum's 90th birthday. I chatted to her younger sister earlier today, we have both been thinking of her and had good session of reminiscences, laughs and catching-up. That is the important stuff, yes? DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Birthdays of loved ones we have lost are so very very important ,I always remember my parents and my brother and sister on their birthdays and remember the great times we had when growing up,so these days are special.(((()))) Mig

Ps That's not what I call my hubby.
  • purpleowl
    purpleowl Member Posts: 231
    Hi DD,
    'Pompous twerp' I love that word twerp, such a polite way of calling someone a ******* idiot.

My OH was like that last weekend he is never wrong in his eyes. :roll: Sometimes we just have to bite our tongues.
    Glad you reminisced with your family it definitely helps.

Trish xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Men always think they know best but we know better :wink: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    I totally agree - time spent thinking of your Ma was far better spent that way than doing meatballs for someone who is very lucky he's not married to me :lol:

I am not as understanding as you.

Though the knowledge that you were proven right, and he proven to be less than perfect, does rather make me smile :wink:

Take care today

Love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I couldn't put it better than frog, though I'd probably have used at least twice as many words :roll: Oh, and I'd have meant that he's lucky he's not married to me not her :oops:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Some nowty dames on parade today.
  • dreamdaisy
    Us dames do nowty very well because we get lots of practice. :) My husband has reached that stage of life where he moans at the weatherperson about the weather. For crying out loud. :roll: My dad used to, as did my late father-in-law; it seems to be an exclusively male preserve. DD (which today means damedaisy. :D )
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    If only I had £1 for every time I've explained to him that IT'S NOT AN EXACT SCIENCE :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh dear, save your breath to cool your porridge. I listen to it, it's becoming a very predictable grumble and, once I've learned it off by heart, I shall recite it with him just to annoy. :D damedaisy.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello Darling Daisy.
    that's right for you.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Oh DD this sort of thing makes me so thankful I'm now single.

Take care
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    oh DD they are all the same in there own way my favourite one is that I get oh you left this on or you left that on. then I walk into the bathroom and find the hot water running then in the kitchen and find the fridge left open and this is just 2 of many things. I just have to laugh it off or I would go round the bend.

talking to your Mums sister and remembering is good .
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    He leaves tea bags in cups for later ...3 last count :x ok its not that serious in the grand scheme . but add it to news print on cream sofa AGAIN ...and he insists on cleaning carpet spillages ...cat..accidents with washing up liquid ,I can get VERY CROSS ,I feel like slinging the cups tea bags and all in the bin ,its a flare up that does it :( x...........I would love to be single again :)
  • dreamdaisy
    It's bl**dy happened again. In sheer desperation thanks to 'creppy' ( :wink: ) hands etc I resorted to cheffing a late-mid-week-sweetish-curry (namely chicken and pineapple) in the slow cooker.

I therefore required rice.

After some physical effort I found the rice and . . . . . there wasn't any. He had used the the last and not put it on the board .

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! DD
  • mig
    MEN.
  • dreamdaisy
    Gorgeous things, aren't they? :lol: Rugby League World Cup beginning this week-end, yum-yum. :wink: DD
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    What about a couple of gigolos for compensation? Husband for the handy side- gigolo for the trendy side!
  • dreamdaisy
    Now there's a thought . . . . :wink: DD
  • mig
    THANKS DD forgot about the rugby. Mig
  • [Deleted User]
    And what is about "thank you Caliban" for the GoGoboys??? :x
  • dreamdaisy
    I've solved the rice problem - I've bought two kilos of the stuff.

I apologise Caliban :oops: - thank you. DD
  • [Deleted User]
    When read: I've solved the problem - I bought two..
    , I held my breath for split second: )
  • dreamdaisy
    :lol: . My belovéd excelled himself earlier, he threw the remote into his lap and scored a direct hit on - well, you can guess. A few minutes of blue langauge and serious rubbing ensued whilst I howled with laughter. DD
  • [Deleted User]
    And now laughter is mine ! Gogoboy seems to become a necessity !
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Oh dear, husbands are in the chair today! Storm......teacup?????? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: