Suicidal Pigeon.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 27. Oct 2013, 15:53 in Community Chit-chat archive
My late mum's gardener popped round to the house this morning to clear leaves etc. (He has been keeping a very good eye on the house and will do so until the new owners take over.) When putting stuff away in the shed he noticed that the middle pane of one of the upper windows didn't look right. He went upstairs to find that it didn't look right because it wasn't there. Instead there was the maggot-infested corpse of a very-nearly-beheaded pigeon lying on the floor, surrounded by broken glass. He cleared it all up and effected a temporary repair with some bits and pieces left in the shed. Bless him. I have contacted the agents and we will liaise about a glazier on Monday.

He also went round last Monday to check for birthday cards for Ma - there weren't any which was a relief to me, I didn't know until Wednesday that he had done that, wasn't it a kind thought? DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Cooooooooo what a to do.......... :mrgreen:
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    That's what you call a truly good hearted person DD at least you know until the sale goes through with he will keep an eye on things for you.........bless him xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ah Marie he is, his wife too. They were so kind to both Ma and Pa (they found him a few months before Pa's death) and he carried on looking out for Ma for the remaining eleven years of her life. I reckon the genuinely kind fly under the radar because they are not news-worthy, which, to my mind, is a cruel indictment of our society.

Airwave? Norty boy! :) Which cartoon had the Flying Pigeon? Was it The Whacky Races? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    I think the really genuine kind probably don't even think of being thanked. They are just genuinely good people who do stuff because it's the right thing to do.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    How lovely of him, bet he misses your Mum...
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Best put a sticker or some tape on the glass as if one birds done it chances are it will happen again, we use to get them trying to fly into our front room and the greenhouse I put silhouette bird stickers up and no more impacts since.