I have had some news about my CT scan.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 5. Nov 2013, 11:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
After the very stormy day we had I wasn't expecting to receive any post but a new postman turned up at around 4.40pm with some letters, including one from the hospital. I opened it with a little trepidation, hoping it would be news about my blood tests and/or my recent CT scan. It was the latter.

The first sentence was 'Your recent CT scan was normal which is reassuring.' (I had this done to check my lymph glands for a possible lymphoma so yup, I wholeheartedly agree with that statement.) Then it took a downhill turn. Apparently it showed an ovarian cyst (I have just the one ovary after my right one grew a cyst that weighed in at a mighty 3.8 kilos or so. That went memorably mammaries upwards in September 2001 and both were whipped out pronto). My rheumatologist enclosed yet another blood test form, marked Ca125 which is, apparently, to check for ovarian cancer. I googled it because I needed to know.

I am unsettled. Very. I did the sensible thing and rang a friend, I now have to go and cook and plan a way to tell Mr DD that things are a tad uncertain. I wasn't as bothered by the lymphoma because I know of two people who have recovered but this? I have ovarian 'form', so to speak. This feels very real. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Best wishes DD. I hope you are given an appointment soon to have it dealt with.
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    enclosed yet another blood test form, marked Ca125 which is, apparently, to check for ovarian cancer. I googled it because I needed to know.
    Is this a requested test you have yet to have done to rule this out?

Finger's crossed, best as can, that it's just a benign cyst and relatively easily fixed. "Try not to worry" comes to mind, but I know the reality is that this is impossible sometimes.

xxAnna
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    hi dreamdaisy
    sorry about your news, and hope it all works out well for you
    mike26 :roll:
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Oh poo ,(((()))) .Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    You have 'ovarian form' but all was well then despite the huge cyst. I hope, with all my heart, that this will be OK too. ((((()))))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Sorry to read this DD. I hope it is just the usual type of cyst (which I've also had) and nothing more sinister. I expect your rheumy is being thorough in doing the blood tests. Fingers crossed.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Of course you are unsettled it is very understandable, you know where we are and are all behind you, keeping fingers crossed it will be good news ((((())))) xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • thistlegirl
    thistlegirl Member Posts: 229
    Oh DD, I truly hope that it all turns out ok, one day at a time is all I can suggest but I know how hard that is.

((((here if you need me)))))

Jenny
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Sorry DD, no wise words, just lots of (((((()))))) and my very best wishes for a good outcome.
    Numpty
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    DD sorry you have to worry like this..and on top of everything else..hope the results come back fine..((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh my lovelies, thank you one and all for your wonderful support, it is very much appreciated especially as you all have your personal stuff to handle. I am not sure if the blood test is designed to rule in or out the possibility - I daresay I'll find out. :wink:

I am missing my mum but am also thankful that she isn't here because I could not hide this from her. It's time for me to grow up. Poo. :( DD
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Oh DD ... I am so sorry to read this. As if you need another layer of stress to deal with. I, too, hope it proves to be nothing sinister and wish you the strength to deal with it.

Thinking of you and Mr DD.

Susie
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    ((((((DD))))))

I'm so sorry!! It's all been said but please know you can contact me anytime for chat/natter or to scream, shout or cry. It must be hard without ure Mum to give you a big cuddle :(
    (Do tell Mr DD to give you a big hug from me please!)

I'll keep everything crossed that you are given the all clear.

(((((strength)))))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Sorry to hear about this DD. I'll keep my fingers crossed that all turns out well. When are you due to have the test? (((hugs)))
    Christine
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Just (((((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))).

Hope that the test is done swiftly and the results are reassuring.

Deb xx
  • purpleowl
    purpleowl Member Posts: 231
    So sorry DD I'm thinking of you and sending you lots of positive vibes!!

Trish xx
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Hello DD. Am so very sorry to hear your news and do hope the results of the tests will be good for you. We will all be with you and in your pocket if and when needed. Sending a few (((()))) your way in case they can help just a little. Beryl
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Oh , DD , never rains but it pours . Sending love and many , many hugs .
    Jillyb
  • dreamdaisy
    Once again I send my thanks to you all. Mr DD is working at home today because he cannot get to London to attend a seminar (well, he could, if he went via Cambridge but he found that out too late). I guess this is a good thing because I will be kept busy with making tea, coffee and lunch. :roll: I freely admit that I am feeling sick but that is purely due to tension - I will ask DD to give me some of her no-nonsense sensible advice and I am sure that will ease things. :wink:

I plan to go to the hospital after lunch to get my usual bloods plus this one done. Then I will wait for another letter. I am pleased that my rheumatologist is being thorough, I find that reassuring. My last ovarian cyst weighed in at 3.8 kilos and I had no idea it was there - I thought I was fat, end of! :lol: That twisted on its stem in the early hours of 18.09.01 and led to a 'slash and grab' operation. If it turns out that an op should be required, well, at least this time it can be a little more planned. :lol: And I'll get some of my favouritest pain relief ever, general anaesthetic. :D What's not to like? DD
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I'm so sorry to hear the news (come in a little late, sorry). Now you've had the blood test it's just the waiting, did they say how long it will be for the results? Hope it isn't too long. I'm sending you a big (()).
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Huge huge hugs DD xxxxxx

Keeping my fingers and toes all crossed for you, I do hope that they get your blood results to you quickly. Will you really have to wait for a letter, or can you call to find out results? An extra week waiting isn't great after all.

More hugs xxxxxxxx
    Toots x
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Huge huge hugs DD xxxxxx

Keeping my fingers and toes all crossed for you, I do hope that they get your blood results to you quickly. Will you really have to wait for a letter, or can you call to find out results? An extra week waiting isn't great after all.

More hugs xxxxxxxx
    Toots x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello DD
    i'm pleased you had the ct scan done you would not have known about it.
    thinking about you ((((((((DD))))))))
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Keeping fingers crossed(trying to) lets hope there is no messing about for the results , sending good vibes your way and some of these (((()))) x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Hope you get on ok later DD. Will be around for pocket duties if needed. Hope the Vampires are not too unkind to you. Beryl. ((()))
  • dreamdaisy
    My bloods are done and dusted, my usuals plus the extra. I will give her a fortnight to contact me and then chase. I am not her only patient (but obviously I am the most important!) :wink: DD