Too much pain to sleep :(

Sezeelson
Sezeelson Member Posts: 133
edited 31. Oct 2013, 11:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
Ouch!
I think I woke up around 3am and my legs were in agony with pranging pains in all my other joints randomly.

I think it could be this storm? Usually when pain wakes me up I'll get moving and reposition myself and the pain will usually subside but not today!

I've had co-co and tramedol and just trying to keep my legs as still as possible!

Thankfully, I have nothing I need to do tomorrow so I can have a nice long lie in if I get the chance! Hope everyone else is doing ok and the storm hasn't caused any problems for you!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I think that barometric pressure can have an impact on arthritis. In the heat of summer my PsA went wild, now we're in the dank damp times the OA is having a bite. Distract yourself from the pain as much as you can - the dullers can only do so much. I hope you were eventually able to sleep and get that lie-in! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Hope the pain dullers do their job and you manage to catch up with yur sleep. I was suffering before bed so dived into the cocos which did their job reasonably well :)

Deb x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I've been the same since Friday night!! I've had about 3-4hrs sleep a night since Friday. I can't pin point what has been causing me to wake I can only think it's my hips and back as I've been having pain in those area's since the second week of my holiday and possibly the weather change.
    Thank goodness I enjoy reading and my OH brought me a you view box for my telly in my room otherwise I wouldn't have anything to keep my mind busy and off the pain.
    Hope you have a better night sleep tonight and you hope you can gets some 'zzzz' today, have a siesta this afternoon!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    you try and take it easy today..its awful when the pain wakes you up and nothing works...hopefully things will improve very soon...I never gave a thought to the storm brewing..but must say I have been in more pain than usual..take care
    Love
    Barbara
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Hope you're resting up Sezeelson, hugs x
    Toots x
  • Sezeelson
    Thank you everyone! I think I finally got a bit of sleep around 6 once all the meds had properly kicked in and I concentrated on my breathing!

I managed to get out of bed earlier as my pup hadn't been outside so I mopped up and let my other dog out... Only to realise the fence was down :( thankfully he ran along the road checking everyone's rubbish and then came straight back to the door! There was no way I was going to be able to catch him! And thankfully my road is a very quiet coul de sac so traffic isn't an issue.

Any way I'm back in bed now with the telly on cuddling my pup in a nice quiet room :) I usually feel terribly guilty staying in bed but I think I deserve it today! :)

Hope your all well x
  • Mormodook
    Mormodook Member Posts: 130
    It's horrible when the pain weakens you up :| one of my best buys was my memory foam mattress topper. Eased up the pain so much. You've probably got one but if not I can thoroughly recommend it. I hope the storm has passed down your way now :)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Just to say I hope today and tonight is a better one for you, I have amytryptaline at night to help me sleep and it does the job ..glad your doggy came back :D ...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hope you had a better nights sleep last night, I woke at just after 6am this morning! Fairly better than last few nights, I was thinking of you when I woke wondering if you where a wake and if you slept alright. Not often I wake up thinking of someone else other than myself and OH!!! :o
  • lavenderlady
    lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
    I was sick of not getting a good nights sleep the Tramadol and other pain meds did not stop me waking up as they wore off so I asked my DR for some slow release Tramadol which work so much better I take one as I go to bed much better then the usual pain relief,
  • Sezeelson
    Mormodook wrote:
    It's horrible when the pain weakens you up :| one of my best buys was my memory foam mattress topper. Eased up the pain so much. You've probably got one but if not I can thoroughly recommend it. I hope the storm has passed down your way now :)

Funnily enough, my mum has a good quality memory foam topper which I tried out for a few days. I actually woke up in more pain and found it really difficult to get moving again?

My matress is fairly firm but has lumber & hip supporting structure. I've just had to buy a new one and I'm worried it might not work for me :S will to wait and hope!

The storm has well and truely passed! Actually a rather nice day today! :D
  • Sezeelson
    bubbadog wrote:
    Hope you had a better nights sleep last night, I woke at just after 6am this morning! Fairly better than last few nights, I was thinking of you when I woke wondering if you where a wake and if you slept alright. Not often I wake up thinking of someone else other than myself and OH!!! :o

I wish I had :( Rossi, my dog who took himself for a walk had obviously gotten into someone's bin and eaten the remains of a Sunday dinner! He starting throwing up about 5am with tin foil and bone fragments. I was too panicked to go back to sleep and sat in his bed with him while he continued to be sick until 8am. He's taken food and drank plenty of water and just sleeping at the moment! I've told my vet so I'll be taking him straight in if he goes down hill again.

There is always tonight :lol:
    I was sick of not getting a good nights sleep the Tramadol and other pain meds did not stop me waking up as they wore off so I asked my DR for some slow release Tramadol which work so much better I take one as I go to bed much better then the usual pain relief,

Oh I had no idea about slow release tramadol? Is that something you take every night or just when your at your worse?

Definitely speak to my doc about this, thank you :)
  • DebraKelly
    DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
    As a rule, I take 2 co-codamol at tea-time, this helps with pain and usually helps me to sleep too.

But I still often wake up in the middle of the night in pain.

Just part of the course! lol
  • destiny0321
    destiny0321 Member Posts: 88
    hi all i have been in a lot of pain lately was at drs yesterday because co-co not working so i have to stop them & he as now put me on ZOMORPH 10mg 1 every 12 hrs the arthur is everywhere now shoulders ,legs,back ,neck,feet every where if this does not work he is on a bout pain patches.
    Trouble is i have a chest infection & frightened my back will go with all the coughing last time it went i was layed up for 3 months try coughing gently lol.
    the trouble is no sleep hardly makes you tired next day & can make us ratty what with pain & lack of sleep hope everyone gets good sleep soon destiny