Yes! I am feeling cold! It's lovely!

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 13. Nov 2013, 15:18 in Community Chit-chat archive
For the first time in months I am feeling cold. It is utterly blissful - it's not going to last because he is going to put on the heating and then I will return to melting but, for the short-term, it's gorgeous. It is not getting any higher than 8 degrees here today, and tonight's low is forecast at 2. I might need to wear my nightie. :shock: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I hate the cold and my heating has been on for a while now, if I get cold I hurt all over
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Our heating is on but just in the morning while daughter is getting ready for work.
    I got pjs on ,too cold for nightie. Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    I have been in my onesie for ages with heating on, like numps the cold flares me, though, glad you are feeling a bit cooler DD xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    I apologise for being insensitive, I know that many of you struggle with the cold (and OA-wise I am, today has not been easy when it comes to moving around) but, having spent the past few months in a muck-sweat this feeling is lovely. I prefer being too cold to being too hot; for the former measures can be taken but for the latter? We were sat on the sofa two nights ago, he was wearing long PJ bottoms, a Tshirt, a fleece and was covered with a fleece blanket. I was in a summer dress and frantically fanning myself because he couldn't face switching on the electric fan or opening a window.

I will change our 3 tog summer super-king duvet for a mighty 4.5 winter king-sized one tomorow, and equip myself with extra hand towels even though he will be hogging most of it.

Every now and again I dislike my life. :roll: DD
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    DD...there is absolutely no need to apologise, we all have our foibles, mine is cold yours is heat :wink:
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Enjoy the cold DD, you can have mine; I'm bundled up too, and it makes me flare.....Burrrr!
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    DD, I empathise I am similar. Lately having lost weight and being off steroids I am slightly less hot. So having to wear a long sleeved top and a jumper :shock: It is a real novelty!

A couple of years ago I was wondering around in crocs in the snow I was that hot. Now I get cold, stupid auto immune conditions. Although my OA in neck needs to be kept warm and draught free, which allows me to indulge in my love of scarves :wink:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    We are all different aren't we?

Oddly enough so far this is the first time I have felt slightly cool this year, (maybe last year as well), and it's quite nice too :wink:

r075.gif

Glad you can enjoy wearing your gloves Suzygirl

:D

love

Toni xxx
  • suzygirl
    Glad you can enjoy wearing your gloves Suzygirl

Yes Toni, I have bought a lovely pair of sheepskin mittens :D . Then I went to a certain supermarket who have 25% off every now and again and bought some fur lined mittens with string, so I won't lose them! :lol:

Of course then they needed a matching scarf and for the first tiem ver I have bought a couple of hats this year, sparkly ones of course :wink:

Sorry DD, getting carried away with how much fun I am having actually being cold :D
  • dreamdaisy
    It is a novelty, I have to admit, and one I am still enjoying. Only one melt in the night which is an improvement, we have the heating on but I have gone round the radiators and turned their thermostats down a tad. :wink: He is nicely muffled up in a Tshirt and fleece and I, for once, am comfortably dressed. I could get used to this. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Normal service has been resumed. Bath towel to hand, hair plastered to head, little rivers running down my spine and elsewhere. Hey-ho, it was lovely whilst it lasted but all things pass, yes? DD
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I hate the cold!! Especially when I wake up in the morning and take the quilt off me and the cold hits you! I'm contemplating getting a onesie, just worried it would swamp me and look stupid as well as being dangerous! Going to look if they do a petite ones!
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I am roasting at night too-it must be our age DD. I have to settle my Son down first then when able I return to my lovely cool bed and it is bliss.

I do feel the cold during the daytime though.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    I shiver on and off during the day but at night I'm soaked in gentle glows ( I pretend to be a lady ) , and mop up throughout the night ! My rheumy nurse said this is caused by the fibromyalgia and basically ; like it or lump it !
    Jillyb
  • dreamdaisy
    Oooh, that's interesting, JillyB, fibro could be the culprit? I was recently diagnosed with that by my rheumatologist, I was blissfully unaware that it was the cause of the troubles I have. Blast. Lumbered I am then. :roll: Hey-ho. Perhaps it's time for me to go and live in a kennel outdoors, then I would be cool. :) DD
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    It is with some trepidation I offer this thought, but here goes! How about separate duvets, or beds?
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Perhaps it's time for me to go and live in a kennel outdoors, then I would be cool. :) DD

:o And just a tad squashed?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • suzygirl
    I had never heard of it being a symptom of fibro. I was always told it was inflammation. Interesting, although I don't have fibro.

Sticky, you made me laugh.

The novelty of being cold has worn off today it is making my pain worse. :cry: Can't wait for my wood burning stove to be finally installed. Being as Mr SG is doing itself and remodelling the kitchen at the same time, it may be a while. I am hoping before July 2014 :wink:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Very interesting this is..I didn't have hot sweats with the menopause...but since I was diagnosed with arthritis I suddenly burn up anytime of the day and most of the night...I adore cold sunny days.... :)
    Love
    Barbara