need info about car

mike77
mike77 Member Posts: 879
edited 16. Nov 2013, 11:34 in Community Chit-chat archive
HI All, well I crashed my car , I was coming up behind another car he slowed down I did the same made sure I was not to close to him when bang , got out he did I looked at his car it was fine not a mark he laughed and said my car is ok but I have a tow bar and it looks as it was hit you hit .

He then got in his car and drove of ?????

I got in the car and said to hazel my number plate has a hole and front grill is pushed in , now the grill can be pulled onto clips but the number plate and bar going across it is split so need a new body . but as I get the car changed in two weeks time I am not going to tell mobility until I leave the car in . I am scared of them taking the car away to be fixed leaving me with no car as they did the last time , I might let mobility know when all the appointments for the hospitial are over (only thing is I have one on the day I change the car , as any one handed the car back to the dla when it needs repired ????

Mike R & Hazel &Mike JR
Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR

Comments

• roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hi mike,

sorry cant answer the questions and sorry to hear about the bump. If you have a hospital appointment on the day you change the car just ask the car dealer if you can do it a day later i am sure it would be fine if you explain the hospital appointment. Hope you can get it sorted.

Rose
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Mike try not to worry I am sure they have seen it all before, sorry I dont have any advice but I hope it is all resolved then you can get on the rd again...good luck x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh Mike, what a shame Hazel didn't write down his number plate because now you have no recourse to claim on his insurance - I am not surprised he drove off, my guess would be he has no insurance and didn't want to get himself into trouble. Twerp. It is very easy to be wise after the event, however, even small bumps can upset you, yes?

I am no expert on Motability but, in your situation, I would contact your dealer, tell him what has happened (and no matter how one looks at it, if you hit the car in front then you are at fault :( ) and see what he says. Leasing a car is very different to being the owner and you don't need to fall foul of the rules. Telling them now may also be useful to you if the other driver suddenly presents a case for whiplash, a very popular scam over on this side of the water. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Mike, oh dear, I really think you need to tell mobility, if you give it back damaged you will a) lose your bonus at the end of the term and b) get into trouble for not telling them, They know how these things happen and are very sympathetic, if you tell them then your conscious is clear. good luck
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • mike77
    hi all , going to phone mobility now hope they say its ok bring the car in on two weeks time we will look at it then and tell you of the payment plan last time it was £48.00 a month and that cost me £1000.00 now I look out for tow bars and make sure the first thing I take down is the number plate

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Definitely report to motability and see if they can provide you with another car for the 2 weeks because you have appointments booked. I'd be honest about it to cover any possible comeback.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mike77
    I phoned mobility and they told me to phone R S A (INSURES) they took down what happened he said you know you were at fault I said yes , he said right just get a new number plate and mobility can deal with the rest when you leave the old car back and you get your new car . they were very nice .

at the dealer ship were the new car is he told me that the adaptions get fitted next week

I cant wait

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Mike, you have done exactly the right thing so well done to you - that is not too bad an outcome is it? I am hoping to get a new (well, new to me!) car tomorrow, I am excited too! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Glad its getting sorted for you Mike..it must have been a big worry for you..enjoy your new car when it comes....xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Well done Mike

tow bars are so low down they are easy to miss I think :?

Glad it's all sorted now and they were understanding :D .

Now you can look forward to getting your new car
    h010.gif Love

Toni xxx
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    they will inspect it and bill you for the repair
    colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Can you get one with proximity automatic braking system?, I know Ford do one.
  • mike77
    Colin1 wrote:
    they will inspect it and bill you for the repair
    colin
    waiting to hear from them how much it will be I think it might be £1000.00
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • mike77
    mellman01 wrote:
    Can you get one with proximity automatic braking system?, I know Ford do one.
    What is proximity automatic braking system????
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Sounds good Mike - I reckon it stops the car before it hits anything :shock:

I think we'd all benefit from it

Love

Toni xxx