Arthritis In Young People need your stories!

ryanbibb93
ryanbibb93 Member Posts: 9
edited 14. Nov 2013, 06:17 in Young people's community
Hi all!

I started a website; www.arthritisinyoungpeople.com to try and help raise the awareness of the terrible disease in children and young adults.

I was diagnosed with JIA at the age of 9. Growing up with it was difficult and as I got older and come to terms with not being able to make it as a professional basketball player I started to self-teach myself website design.

Now a professional in the industry and in full-time employment I decided to put my skills into action to try and help raise the awareness.

Anyway, I'm looking to add more stories to the "Your Stories" section of the website; http://www.arthritisinyoungpeople.com/Your-Arthritis-Stories.html and would be grateful if parents/sufferers could share their story.

Thanks in advance!

Ryan
AIYP
Visit my website www.arthritisinyougnpeople.com for news on arthritis in young people, treatments, pain management techniques, natural remedies and a lot more!

Comments

• Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thanks Ryan I will go on your website! I believe there is little to no awareness of arthritis in young people particularly the fact even toddlers can get it. Also congratulations on your career change!
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • ryanbibb93
    ryanbibb93 Member Posts: 9
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I agree! The information online, as well as at hospitals (be it leaflets etc.) is very hard to find.

Thank you!
    Visit my website www.arthritisinyougnpeople.com for news on arthritis in young people, treatments, pain management techniques, natural remedies and a lot more!