House Selling (Or Not) Saga

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 17. Nov 2013, 08:13 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

Your'e probably all sick of me banging on about our house being on the market but if you read this line and don't wish to read further there is an option not to!
We are going to take the house off the market at end of November as we have had interest but i don't understand some people still, they baffle and bemuse me...The latest one came a week ago today to view and the estate agent did the viewing, not the agent who was very quiet, it was all over within 20 mins so didn;t think would hear again...Then was in bed monday morning, phone rings, couldn't get to it in time, did 1471 it was estate agents, they are coming at 1-pm monday, i got told no asked! So run round like mad woman as was on me own and got out the house for them. Came back to our street after about 30 mins as had nowhere to go....agent came out and banged on my car door, can they look in meter cupboard - yes. Then was reaidng in car after they all came out, didn't want to appear nosey and was up the road a bit...They all hovered round me again, agent asked would be be leaving curtains, one bed fitted wardrobes and washing machine - I was unsure so said would ask... They also asked me how long hasd lived here and if next door was occupied....Agent was lovely, said they really liked house but their body language wasn't very welcoming, quite abrupt....So when my parent came back relayed all information and agent passed on yes we could leave said goods, depending on what if any offer came from them....
We have now hit a wall of silence, no offer, tiddly nowt! I DONT UNDERSTAND FOLK??? Sorry but I don't, why visit twice?
Woman has already lost on house as her husband is ill but he comes to view the house so he can't be gravely ill, Im just sick of being messed about and don't ask these questions before thinking about an offer...Helllo?
Wish it was over but its far from it and I am still baffled and bemused..

Elainexx

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Maybe they are waiting to hear form you about the curtains etc so I'd phone back quick incase they think you are not that bothered to sell. Don't leave anything to chance Elaine. Or are you saying you passed on info to Agent and he hasn't heard from the people to pass this info on? Or has he passed on info but they've not made an offer? Sorry I couldn't work it out.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Elaine sorry the house selling is not going to plan...very rare it does....hope it sells soon then you can put it all behind you...I remember it well all the strange people we had looking round ours..and that was many years ago...good luck x
    Love
    Barbara
  • elainebadknee
    Elizabeth

We relayed the message to the agent that could leave curtains, fitted wardrobe, washing machine and carpets that was tuesday....No offer and call from estate agent saying they have chased them but they just said "we can't speak just now"..I mean surely they can say Im sorry we need to remove our interest?

Elainexx
  • elainebadknee
    Barbara

Beginning to think we have big sticker on our sign saying "come view, waste time, welcome"...

Elainexx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    There's a point..have you tried the open day viewings they have on the telly...at least you will gets lots of viewings over in one go... or is that a really bad .. :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • elainebadknee
    Barbara

I have no idea how they work? It's not the number of people that have been the problem its been the wrong kind of people, I mean coming into a semi deatched bungalow in a cul-de-sac I know its not going to be big but some still say oh its small isn't it? All measurement are on the web so no need for time wasters...
    I suspect now the trail will go brown bread!

Elainexx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Do you know what position they are in? on market, SSTC, renting, cash buyers or not on the market. I would get you estate agent to contact them middle of this week and just ask what their thoughts are on the house and if they want to make an offer on the property. That's all you can really do. Also the housing market will slow down now, it always does from mid-November until after new year. The best time to really sell a house is between Spring and Summer as crazy as it sounds!! More people seem to want to sell their house and move that time of year, if you don't believe me look at the past houses sold and when they sold! Sometimes you just have to bite your lip and carry on. It does drive you mad, I know from when we sold our old house it was on the market for 18mnths before we sold it.
  • elainebadknee
    Bubba

Yes I know about the market slowing down at this time of year that's why we will take it off market within next couple of weeks.
    They are cash buyers, renting and as said before we know he has been ill and they had to pull out of another house sale, but he has viewed twice and is able to walk about, not saying he's not ill but surely iff too ill to move home just pull out?
    Im more bothered about it than my parents I just dislike being messed about and if it would have been me the house would be off market now and would have said can't be bothered with the cat and mouse game. I just prefer people to be honest and upfront in all walks off life and don't appreciate all this pussyfooting about...What annoys me the most is cos they're the buyers or not they are in the driving seat. I would not answer any questions about furnihsings till any offer had been made, get your priorities right!

Elainexx