Spoiled child!!

purpleowl
purpleowl Member Posts: 231
edited 18. Nov 2013, 16:42 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Guys,

OH took me out for breakfast at the local garden centre, we sat next to a mother and her 5 or 6 year old son who was playing with some sort of Game/computer.

The boy started having a tantrum when mum tried to take it from him so that he could eat his breakfast. I was absolutely astounded when she picked up his knife and fork and duly cut up his sausages etc then proceeded to feed him. His face didn't move from 5 or 6 inches away from the screen and she carried on in this fashion until he had eaten the lot! :shock:

I ask you what sort of human being is he going to turn into?

I am proud to say that I could take my children anywhere and never be ashamed of them!! :lol:

Trish xx

Comments

• elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Trish

Just a thought.Could he have been an autisitc child maybe? I know they can be fascinated with gadgets and won't leave them alone and probably would create merry hell if someone took it away from them? Or he could be incredibly spoiled as you say, takes all sorts.

Elainexx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Yes, there are a few bad parents around and a few spoilt little brats. However, that was quite perceptive of Elaine. I guess, like arthritis, not all illnesses/diseases are visible.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    I may be totally wrong but it sounds like my great nephew David, he uses Makaton and is totally glued to his ipad, dad's mobile phone and might I say operates them better than most adults!..He speaks very few words, sleeps for about 2 hours a night and often has to be fed like this boy.......It may or may not apply...

Elainexx
    Yes, there are a few bad parents around and a few spoilt little brats. However, that was quite perceptive of Elaine. I guess, like arthritis, not all illnesses/diseases are visible.
  • purpleowl
    purpleowl Member Posts: 231
    Yes it could be a case of autism but I have 2 friends with autistic children and I've already thought about that. :roll:

He was inter acting normally after being fed but maybe I have done the mum a disservice!

Many thanks for your thoughts,

Trish xx
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    I had to chuckle at this ,remembering oh many years ago my 2 in a blackpool boarding house ..tucking into a full English ........."Mummy do we have to eat the rind "? .BLESS EM The chuckles around the dinning room ,the thing is times have changed and we shoulnt judge the kids to harshly its just bad parenting ....Marrianne :)
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    My grand children would not have been allowed these game consoles at the table,they were only allowed the crayons and puzzle sheets that restaurants provided . Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I heard a lady talking on the TV the other day and she said ...the hardest thing for parents these day is to say no to there children and stick to it..and she said if you don't stick to it you have lost the battle...so very right..we do need rules and they must be carried out..but then you see the soaps on TV and how the children treat there parents... :shock: there is no way my GC would be allowed games while eating...and they have to sit at the table.. :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Mine never have games while eating and never did. Neither did they get supplies of things to entertain them like younger nieces and nephews do.

Children aren't expected to 'sit at the table' probably because they often don't at home I'm afraid.

Barbara you have SUCH a point; the hardest thing being when YOU say 'no' you are fighting, not only your kids, but every other parent who let's their own get away with it :roll:

Isn't easy is it this parenting malarkey?

Love

Toni xxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Difficult one. i think he may well have been autistic if he reacted so badly to having the game taken away and mum couldn't face a meltdown in a restaurant.

elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein