Crikey, what a day.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 21. Nov 2013, 15:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
Our house is not officially on the market but we have had a couple of viewings (a married couple and a bloke from London) thanks to the recommendation of the agents who are dealing with our purchase of No. 10. The married ones rang the agents this morning - could they come round this afternoon at 2pm, for another viewing, together with their young son? We said yes.

They duly turned up and spent and spent more than an hour in the house - we left them to get on with it having furnished them with tea, coffee and biscuits. Young son 'chose' his new bedroom ( he was intrigued with the idea of two lots of upstairs) before showing us the wondrous things his toy rescue helicopter (and currently his favourite thing) could do; then followed a short science lesson about the role of oxygen in feeding fires (he found my candle snuffer and wanted to know how it worked). Of course Ma and Pa have the final say (well, more Ma than Pa methinks) but their lad may swing the vote. :wink:

We told them that the house will be on the market within the next fortnight. We'll see, yes? Apparently it 'feels like home' so I reckon that augers well.

Crikey. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• purpleowl
    purpleowl Member Posts: 231
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi DD,

wouldn't it be wonderful if these people put in an offer saving you the hassle of keeping the house clean/showing endless people around your house?

Fingers crossed for you :D

Trish xx
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    DD sounds all very promising hope it works out for you when the house is put on the market and this young couple put in an offer to buy it would be marvellous. :)
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I do hope they decide to buy. Fingers crossed.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Now that DOES sound optimistic to me :)

The wee lad - what a sweetie :D always helps when selling a house to 'engage' with your potential buyers so l am certain that will have gone a long way.

The two-week factor might just get them making their minds up sooner rather than later too.

love

Toni xxx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Sounds very promising DD keeping fingers crossed for you it would save a lot of hassle..........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Fingers and toes crossed ; please try to rest and relax a little , DD , busy few weeks ahead .
    ( Just thought is CRIKEY permitted ? Originally a derivation of Christ kill me ! )
    Jillyb
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Just answered your other post, I didn't realise your house isn't properly on the market yet!! No wonder you haven't had many viewings!! Not a lot of people will have seen your house yet as it won't be in the papers, online or photo up in the office. Is your board up yet? When is it going properly on the market? Because you have had a very positive viewing you may get lucky and sell it before it goes on the market! Fingers crossed for you!
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh Gordon Bennett, Jillyb, really? That's one of my favourite 'c' words (along with cat, cork, Christmas and cataclysm). Oh dash it. 8)

We have an estate agency in the frame, Bubba, but they haven't been round to do the photos yet because I am not ready for that ordeal; the only people that know it's coming to the market are the agents through whom we found the new house. It would indeed be an ideal solution if Mr and Mrs H were to make an offer, there's no doubt about that. We won't be having a board because it is a bit of a hoot with the local yoof to nick them and plant them in front of a totally different house. How witty.

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and good wishes. I will keep you informed with any further news. DD
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Prefer the word corpuscle , but rarely have the need to use it . Apologies for my sarcasm ; not really suggesting that crikey should be removed from view !
    Jillyb
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Sounds like this little man has already moved in...hope they buy it DD then its another thing off your mind...
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Oh Gordon Bennett, Jillyb, really? That's one of my favourite 'c' words (along with cat, cork, Christmas and cataclysm). Oh dash it. 8)

We have an estate agency in the frame, Bubba, but they haven't been round to do the photos yet because I am not ready for that ordeal; the only people that know it's coming to the market are the agents through whom we found the new house. It would indeed be an ideal solution if Mr and Mrs H were to make an offer, there's no doubt about that. We won't be having a board because it is a bit of a hoot with the local yoof to nick them and plant them in front of a totally different house. How witty.

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and good wishes. I will keep you informed with any further news. DD

That would be amazing DD if you got an offer from the family who viewed and everything went well with the house you like. You wouldn't get the stress of putting yours on the market and all the coohoodle of that! I was the same as you, we gave up on a board after the first 3 where nicked and used as fire wood for the local riffraff!! Got my fingers crossed for you that it all comes good!
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello DD
    I can see who runs that house I hope he gets your house.
    good luck.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    If the family that viewed makes an offer what happens next? The agency has not been engaged by you to market the property, so presumably nothing has been agreed about fees etc. Would they pass the business to the agency you were going to use, in return for some kind of fee?
    Hate to put a damper on things but I would be a bit wary at this stage.
  • dreamdaisy
    We have had a letter from the agency, Daffy, offering a reduction in their fee because we are already buying a house through them (not to self, find that letter and stick it in the file) but yes, you are right and we will be cautious.

I had a phone call from the agent earlier today - Mr and Mrs H think they may soon receive and offer on their house, they like ours immensely and are considering what to offer.

I contacted the firm I wish to use to to remove us and they have delivered 35 lovely strong boxes, packing paper and proper parcel tape. Paper cuts here I come. :wink: DD
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    That's good to hear DD. I do hope that things proceed positively, that no more pins are stuck in wax effigies to disrupt matters, and that you avoid a plague of paper cuts.
  • stickywicket
    Never mind paper cuts. Mr SW stuck a fork into his finger last night while washing up. It was, his tone suggested, my fault for providing a particularly sticky cheese :roll: I fear it's a ploy to be excused washing up duties.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    I agree SW, men do like to cause an injury to themselves to get out of certain jobs! (well some men do!! :oops: )

DD, hope you will get a phone call soon regarding your viewers, I hope they don't leave you too long waiting!
  • dreamdaisy
    The agent rang a little earlier, they've made an offer. The valuation was for OIRO £185,000 and they have offered £178,000. Opening salvo fired, let the negotiations begin! :wink: DD
  • stickywicket
    Ooooh, it sounds exciting. How's your poker face, DD?
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    My what? :? Non-existent! :lol: Mr DD has said £180, 000 will be acceptable. I will jump every time the phone rings today and if it's the right message I will attempt to jump for joy. :D DD
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Fingers crossed. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    SOLD. They upped their offer, he accepted, it's done.

In four months we have bought one house and sold three. I am very tired. DD
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    well done dreamdaisy
    thats all done and finished now just xmas to come
    wow i can feel a party coming on.. well done.
    mike26 :lol:
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    What a great result ,well done to both. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    If you can, Mike, then it will be at yours! :lol: I'm not doing Christmas this year, not in any way shape or form. I know my limits and I've already reached them. :(

It is a relief, however, we have been very fortunate in the way things have gone so smoothly with every sale and our purchase. We're nearly there. Nearly. DD

PS Thank you, Mig.