House Offer - Cheeky!

2»

Comments

• elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Elizabeth

Well it will go dead now so house is coming off market next week..

Elainexx
  • elainebadknee
    HI Maria

I echo your thought totally as to why can't buyers be civilised it seems very cut throat and my poor parents are finding it all very stressful...
    Im sorry to hear your daughter is not well I hope this gets better?
    Take care

Elainexx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    As long as you are there to protect them from being exploited price wise then all will be well. Moving house is well known to be a very stressful time so hopefully a little break will do your parents good and they can forget it all until Spring.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    Elizabeth

I try my very best but as I am not a home owner they prefer to talk to my other brothers and sisters about it....I could see my mum was wavering thinking we might not get another offer but we have to try and get what we can in order for our next home to be viable for us to move into...My dad doesn't want a mortgage at his age! It has been stressful and there has been a lot of timewasters....

Elainexx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi, Elaine, Have you thought of saying to the Estate Agent you don't want to except that offer as it's way to over the amount you can except but if the clients want to purchase the items they are interested in separate you could come to an agreement. You might be able to come to an agreeable offer. Hope this might help. :)
  • elainebadknee
    Bubba

As I have not done the negotiations with the agents I don;t know what parents said, I think the below what you have said needs to be put in place. We had thought we were clear on the white goods/furnsihings that could be negotiable now to me that means we come to a figure for said goods? They took it to me that would be included in the price......Like I said my dad could not take the offer and have a mortgage aged 82...I still feel the woman was using her husbands health condition as a bargaining tool - I mean why would you want to move if your spouse was ill and gravely ill? I'd want to be settled?
    I ought to hire you for great advice...Thanks!

Elainexx
  • bubbadog
    I'm only glad I could help! :wink: It's crazy that I can still remember some of the stuff from my work days but my general memory is useless!! I think your right about the client using her husbands health as a bargaining tool, that has nothing to do with the price of the house! It's amazing that your Dad at the age of 82 is still moving house! I found it stressful and draining at the age of 32! And I said to my OH when we slumped on the settee after he brought in the last box 'never again!!'
  • elainebadknee
    Bubba

I think certain skills even though we don't keep current we still retain the knowledge and can put it to good use. I for one am glad you have explained quite a lot of things to me on this subject.
    Re dad moving at the age of 82 and mum 83 well partly its my fault they never moved before becuase I seemed settled here and didn't want to move then of course my health got bad and then I had my knee operation last year or the house would have been on the market but only last year. It is stressful we have moved my sister's in the past and that has been tiring but there have been about a dozen people helping!..
    Anyway its the end of the line for us and this couple and I for one am glad, I suspect she would have been putting in offers on a few houses if she wanted in before christmas so I hope she gets what she wants...It's funny how illness can be an excuse I remember being sworn at in a shop when was only asking for a discount voucher to give the man the money off and got told he had was very poorly - I said I was sorry but there was no need to swear at me!
    Thanks again, you really ought to be on a separate forum offering the advice...Hope you get a good outomce re your PIP visit?

Elainexx
  • bubbadog
    Elaine, I think all of us have a special knowledge on something, I used to love working in the Estate Agents, we had so much fun! The only bad thing I hated doing was doing repo's you always felt alittle sorry for the people who where being kicked out the house. I'm sorry you couldn't come an agreement with the lady. I don't think there is a need for a house selling advice topic!!