HAPPY BIRTHDAY WONKYLEGS

Options
barbara12
barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
edited 26. Nov 2013, 09:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
Wishing you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY...hope you are keeping well and have a lovely day..xx
Love
Barbara

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Happy Birthday
    Wonkylegs
    Have a lovely day
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    hello there Barbara, Joan and all those who remember me :D

thank you SO much for remembering and thinking about me.

Today has been a lovely day - hubby treated us to a 3 course 'Christmas' lunch at the local garden centre (complete with crackers and paper hats :lol: ) which was really stunningly yummy! I've just been online to spend some of my birthday dosh on crafting goodies .... and thought I'd pop on to say hello. It's been a while since I posted, but I have been looking in from time to time.

Life sort of got out of control here ..... and we've been gradually crawling back towards the light at the end of the tunnel. In short, Arthur invited his cousin Fibro to the party :roll: the docs switched round lots of meds (now finally on Tocillizumab which is working :D ) added in yet more, and after a fight or three I got my BB, DLA & ESA. Extensive physio, along with various crutches, a wheelchair, mobility scooter and rise-recliner chair have begun to give me some kind of life back, so that light at the end of the tunnel was getting nearer all the time.

Then ... hubby fell ill ..... was made redundant at the end of 2012 .... and my carer became the cared for ...... hmmm ...... didn't see that one coming! He is on the mend now, but it all takes time and lots of support.

Then ... littlelegs (our dog) began to develop more serious problems which were put down again to arthur :x but in the past 3 weeks has deteriorated rapidly. On Monday we were fearing the worst - she had no use of her back legs - but treatment with steroids is helping, and although her neurological symptoms can only be controlled, not treated, for a little while longer at least we have our lovely girl to cuddle and love.

So - not a lot going on here :roll: but for today at least we are not worrying and trying to take each day as it comes.

I'll look in as and when I can, and really appreciate that people have been thinking about me, despite my going awol, and thank you very much.

hugs (yes, those special Wonky ones) to you all
    Wonky
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Wonky
    I'm so glad you had a good day ...that sounds so nice ..and how kind of hubby.
    But I am sorry things haven't been to good for you, and poor little legs bless,her ...I do feel for you...and hope that she gets many more cuddles off you...please take care of yourself and yes you have been missed..(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    t3332.gif

Happy BIRTHDAY Wonky :)

I am so glad to see you posting!

What a time you've had - I'm not surprised you haven't posted lately :shock:

I hope you will start posting more often so we can all support you

Please give Littlegs a BIG hug from me - I hope she keeps on the mend:)

Love and ((()))

Toni xxx
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Happy Birthday wonky It's my granddaughters birthday today too glad you have had a good day sounds like it's much deserved send hugs back to you ((((())))))
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    Hello Wonky
    i'm so sorry you have all had so many worries I hope things improve
    for you all soon.
    ((((((((wonky mr wonky littlelegs))))))))
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx