Can't reach tape to remove it

Lotsofpain
Lotsofpain Member Posts: 157
edited 27. Nov 2013, 13:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
Have been having a lot of success recently with taping to control posture. Its very good at relieving pain, giving muscles a rest and teaching them where to be.

However the tape has been put on horizontally across my upper back and shoulders and there seems to be no way I will be able to reach it when I need to take it off

Any ideas other than getting someone else to take it off

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Lotsofpain, I'm not really sure what you're talking about. Is this a prescribed treatment? I've never heard of it. I can't imagine tape would have ever done anything for me though a tight crepe bandage sometimes did. What sort of tape? How is it secured? How did you manage to get it on if you can't get it off? Did/could someone else help?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    The only thing that occurs to me is this: soak in a hot bath to loosen the adhesive then rub your back up and down a door frame (like a bear scratching its back on a tree) to try to roll it off. With the next application ask the practitioner to position it differently. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Lotsofpain
    Lotsofpain Member Posts: 157
    Stickywicket

No I didn't do it my self . It was put on by a physio, vertically across my upper back and shoulders,. The aim is to pull the shoulders together so I stand correctly. It works: its too low if I reach over the top of my shoulders and too high if I reach the other way. So any ideas ?? Thanks

DReam daisy I'll ask or it to be longer so there is an end I can grab
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Ah, I think you need to phone a friend, lotsofpain. Or, at least, call on a neighbour. It sounds like one of those things that one chalks up to experience.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright