Hi all im a newbie :)

xxvcxx
xxvcxx Member Posts: 5
edited 29. Nov 2013, 18:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone!

Im a 34 year old female & very new 2 all this. Following months of pain in my hands, wrist & feet my GP is almost certain i have RA & i have my 1st appointment with a rheumatoligist next wed. :shock:

What should i expect? I was taking Naproxen for the pain but wasnt helping much so iv been given diclofenac to try.

xx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I replied on 'say hello' but just bumping this up :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi, Welcome to Arthritis Care Forum, you have found the right place! We all try and help and support each other, so if you throw a question out, anyone who can advise you will answer you.
    Before you go for your Rhummey appt next week it would be wise to write down on a piece of paper or your mobile phone! all the questions you want to ask them and take it with you so you don't forget anything you want to ask them. Welcome again to Arthritis Care Forum. :D
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello I have just posted in hello..but its good to see you in here has Hello is quit at time..hope you find the forum has helpful has I have..
    Like bubba says wright everything down that you think may be connected..they will take bloods and sometimes xrays...and ask lots of questions..good luck and please let us know how you get on.
    Love
    Barbara
  • Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    Hello and welcome :D
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I hope we can help with information and support. It's been some time since my first useful rheumatology appointment but I think I remember having more bloods taken, some Xrays done and being given a med called sulphasalzine. That was eleven years ago and I am still taking it, alongside some others. Make some notes before you see the rheumatologist about your pain levels, what aggravates or eases the discomfort, tiredness and stiffness levels, whether things are worse in the morning or evening and if your sleep is being affected. This will give the rheumatologist a better, all-round picture of you and how things are currently. Please lets us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lulubell69
    lulubell69 Member Posts: 110
    Hello and welcome
    Les
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    Welcome to the forums.......I cant really help because I have OA as well as various other things :lol:
    Hope you find the answers you need.

Love
    Hileena
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Hello and welcome from me too. Wishing you well for your appointment.