PM's to other posters

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 28. Nov 2013, 05:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
For some time now I've had trouble PM'ing members on here as it sometimes says my PM is spam so won't send it/them, at first I thought it was due to the length of them so I reduced them and it seemed to work but now it wont let me send any to anyone!. Any ideas MOD's?.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello mate, it's nice to see your name on here. This is happening to quite a few, I think it's to do with the new spam filter that AC have put in place. This apparently has key words which flag something as spam - I think that one of them is a domestic room in the house where food prep, cooking, washing up, brewing up and the odd arguement takes place :wink: The others remain a mystery and rightly so 'cos if we knew them then probably the spammers would too. DD

PS How are things?
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I know one but not sure how to say it.....its' to do with shopping, has 5 letters first and last are 'S' middle is L. 2nd is a and 4th E

phew!!!

we did get a lot of that kind of spam didn't we?

Good to see you Mell :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Does it rhyme with snails :D Toni ?

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Indeed it does, nice one tkachev. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mellman01
    Cheers DD and all I was wondering if it a spam related issue, not been about much my neck OA has been seriously bad I feel worn out a bunch drunk as hell but I think its slowly going now at long last:)
  • mellman01
    If the MOD's read this then sort your spam filter out its madder than HAL from 20001 its taken me half an hour to send one PM, I tried all sorts of different words to see if I could get it through but it was no go if I had hair I'd have pulled it out, in the end I wore a much smaller PM and it accepted it, so maybe its the size of the message thats the problem any chance of making some adjustments?, as it is I'm living in fear that my PC will start calling me Dave and then start singing Daisy Daisy at me while it slowly losses its silicon mind!.
  • mellman01
    Ive treid to send one PM 10 times today and for the life of me I haven't got a [Xxxxxxx] clue what was causing it to throw a fit, you sure you haven't got the anti spam software from a skip or pound land?. its almost pointless trying at the mo I'll go over to texting if this keeps up!.

[text edited by Moderator, swearing
    Mod
    YEH]
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    i had problems in the past. it would only let me send PM's if I used the reply button directly from a PM I had received. I hope that makes sense.

:wink:
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi Mellman01,

The spellcheck was sorted out on 26th, all the ordinary words like kitchen and sales have gone. If you use swear words your pm will end up in a cyber bin - you will see a message first. If you are still having problems please send us a pm, maybe to say you are posting the offending message in a suitably named thread, we can delete it later, then we can work out what is going on.

Thanks

Mod
    YEH
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    There you go Mell...they have binned it... :lol: sorry for that hope you have it sorted...
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Mel you have been swearing more than me this last couple of posts!! :lol: Hope you got it sorted out now.