• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    :( Hope you can get some rest soon.

Deb x
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    It's the nature of the beast DD, oddly if you have a false legs and run marathon's and you get treated like you have a real disability but if you have both and they cause you incredible pain your meant to suck it up and carry on like its all OK but in the end you'll need new joints because of the incredible pain!, I've never figured that one out?.

Oooops rant mode kicked in there sorry about that!. :lol:
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    should I dare say it, methinks you are doing a bit too much, why don't you have a day off tomorrow and get your sports guy to give you a good massage, go out for lunch have a glass of wine(or two) then put your feet up for the rest of the day...............have a me day xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Things do catch up with us especially at this time of the year..and with all you have going on its no wounder.......hopefully you can rest when all the house moving is finished with...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Tomorrow it's feet up and watch the rugby. Mig
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Gentle hugs x Feet up, as instructed by others. Be kind to yourself sweetie x
    Toots x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    What a lovely lot you are, thank you for taking the time to reply. I confess I haven't packed a thing today because I've been doing too many stairs instead. The EPC chap came round today followed by the assessor for the removal firm. My masseur now works Monday-to-Thursday only so it's getting harder and harder to get an appointment.

I have a red hot poker going through both knees, my feet hurt, my sacro-iliac joints are foul, my neck and shoulders are rigid so, basically, I've had enough. :D

Mr DD should be home quite soon so we will go out for a curry. I'm not looking forward to the walk from the car to the restaurant but, if I don't do it, I won't get there. :lol: Hopefully things'll be a little brighter tomorrow, I will keep my expectations nicely low in the hope of a small surprise. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Dear DD,

Might I suggest a long soak in a hot tub followed by a good long rest with feet up, and perhaps a movie to take your mind of what you still have to do.

Do rest and ignore what you have left to do. For a little while at least. (())
    xAnna
  • dreamdaisy
    Alas and alack I no longer have the required knee capabilities to get me out of a bath but I am long-versed in the art of ignoring what needs to be done! :) We are going out in a moment for a curry - Mr DD will help me to forget things too. :D DD
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Hope the curry lived up to expectations :D .

Maybe tomorrow calls for a lie in and a bit of spoiling- generally just chilling together and dreaming dreams of how wonderful your new home will be.

Deb x
  • dreamdaisy
    I'm back, curried and cocodamolled, get in! We have a busy week-end ahead, forms to fill in, skip to hire, stuff to pack, stuff to clear but maybe we'll forget it all, get stuck into some beer and watch the rugby league WC final because that will be more fun. A fortnight tonight we'll be in. :shock: DD
  • valde
    valde Member Posts: 271
    DD I hope that you will feel better soon and that you have a restful night. I shall be thinking of you when I am listening to my radio in the earlyhours. You have been such a help to me over the last few weeks and although I still have some pain I am feeling better than I did 4 weeks ago. Thank you for all your support. I will look on forum tomorrow to see how you are. Valde x
  • dreamdaisy
    Valde? What kind words, you are more than welcome but I think this is what the forum is for, it's here to help, inform and encourage. The good news is that you are feeling somewhat better - hoorah!

I had plans for today but they are abandoned. Another week-end of bed-rest is required because my arthritis-battered body is truly struggling. :( No matter, things will improve because they usually do and doing this will help that to happen. DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Oh fiddlededee! Tell it to Foxtrot Oscar. (((((())))))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    (((()))) good to see you are resting the weekend, not so good you are in so much pain xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • destiny0321
    destiny0321 Member Posts: 88
    dd
    hope you soon get better i know your busy honey but we all have to take care of ourselves if we don't who will take care of us.
    I can hardly speak got a lot of stress going on at moment & its floored me i am now in bed with cough/chest infection i have asthma as well as 2 lots of arthritis last time i coughed bad i was laid in bed for 3 months as back went.
    Just hoping it does not affect my back to much this time love to all
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Sorry your in pain, hope it eases soon. (())
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello DD
    please take care you have to be as well as you can to move into your new home.
    ((((((((DD))))))))
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you one and all, I am pleased to report that I have been a sensible girl today (I am currently rocking the nightie, dressing gown and socks look which is big on my catwalk this winter) and I have found one of the culprits to my current discomfort: my leather boots which were fine last year but this year? I wore them yesterday for a spell, drove in them (hurty) and then walked to the curry house in them last night. Big mistake. I will try once more with my lower set of orthotics within but I suspect they will be handed over to my friend Wendy.

Mr DD has arranged some time off starting next Friday, it's all getting very real. :shock: I have the pain clinic on Wednesday so I am looking forward to that, I hope to learn more about living with, and how to live with, chronic pain. DD
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Hi DD, sorry I've only just seen this.
    There's no point in me telling you to slow down and take things easy, you know that's what you need, but we also know it's not possible, stuff has to be done :?
    I hope you don't suffer too much, and I'm sure it will all be worth it in the long run.
    I hope the move goes smoothly, and wish you luck and happiness in your new home.
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    All the cool people spend their weekends in PJs. :D I've also found that my shoes vary from year to year. Last year, I found the most fab, comfy boots. This year, they're so uncomfortable. I wonder if us arthritics wear our shoes out super quickly?

I hope the pain clinic goes well. Have you been to one before?
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Sorry to hear you are in such pain DD and with so much to do just now. Please pace yourself and get plenty of rest. The pj and sock look in the height of fashion this year. Hope you enjoyed your curry.
    Christine