30 minutes of magical telly.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 2. Dec 2013, 04:56 in Community Chit-chat archive
I don't usually watch animal programmes but, when I read the reviews about this one, I thought it sounded interesting. It wasn't - it was fascinating. It was on BBC2 at 8.30 this evening and it was 'Kangaroo Dundee.'

If you didn't watch it please do if you have a spare half hour or so. It concerns the work of a chap called Braga who founded and runs his own kangaroo sanctuary somewhere outside Alice Springs. Ella eating a carrot was my highlight (kangaroos come very close to camels for the 'snooty' look) followed by the two orphaned ones trying to move on concrete floor of his shack. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Brilliant isn't it DD :wink:

Fantastic place isn't it? My step-daughter loves it as does the youngest so I do get to see it.

I love the ickle baby orphan ones :oops:

Love

Toni xxx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Watched it after DD mentioned it ,brilliant .Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    sounds very interesting will certainly watch it xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh I was suppose to tape this..I saw the trailer were he was carrying a baby kangaroo round in an pouch he had made..there are some lovely people in this world...I will watch it on catchup :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Gonna watch it DD, will watch it on the Iplayer. DD did you watch Animal Odd couples? It was a 2 part programme on BBC1 I recommend it, it was lovely. And if any of you have Sky+ I also recommend 'Meet the Sloths' it's on Animal Planet it will have you addicted they are so cute!!!
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    just watched it on catchup, loved it, thank you for telling us about it xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    You're more than welcome, Villier. I'm not an 'animal' person but the premise of this programme was somewhat different; a 6' 7" human male acting as 'mum' to orphaned kangaroos just begged to be watched. Teaching Rosie and Rex to jump into a pillow case (a replica pouch) was entrancing! The saliva-swapping thing, however, wasn't. I am looking forward to part two next Friday. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Thanks for the 'heads up' DD I love to see how special sorts of people interact with animals.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you DD for sharing details about 'Kangaroo Dundee' with us! I loved it, the way he cares for those little joey's And goes out at night looking for injured kangaroo's or abandoned joey's he is amazing. And Rex & Rosie are so cute! You have found me another programme to watch as well as 'meet the sloths' & 'Monkey Life'!!