Our move is arranged.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 7. Dec 2013, 11:52 in Community Chit-chat archive
Completion is on the 9/12/13 when she moves from No. 10 and we will get the keys. :) The movers are coming to pack us on 11/12/13 (8am to 6pm) and we will be moved on 13/12/13 with the aid of six strong men and a couple of their smaller lorries. Our cable services will be connected (all being well) on 17/12/13.

I was intrigued to learn that this is one of the busiest times of year for removal firms. December, Easter and the summer holidays tend to be their peak times.

I now have a little longer to get my end of the deal done and dusted which is a relief. Today has been busy with my doing far too many sets of stairs, our EPC chap came round plus the removal assessor. I'm whacked. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Things seem to move quick all of a sudden. Soon be over then you start your new life in your new home . Mig
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Ok It all begins to go mad from the 9th.

I won't forget as you know :wink:

You will be whacked - people without arthritis would be.

6 burly men eh? mig didn't seem to pick up on that one oddly enough - maybe it was the lack of lycra?? :?

love

Toni xxx
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    You'll both be worn out but it will be SO worth it when you're settled in that gorgeous new home .
    Jillyb
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    that's good you have a little more time, it will all be worth it when you have no more stairs to climb xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Its good to see it all coming together for you both...mig and I are on our way to help the burly men...good luck with it all..a new beginning.. :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Barbara I am coming to...........burly men phwoar :oops:
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    DD it will fly by in a haze! And you will need a good rest after! But just think you will be in your new home ready for Christmas!
  • dreamdaisy
    So that's Mig, Barabara and Viller coming round to ogle? I will buy some extra tea and biccies. Bubba? I know my limits so Christmas is abandoned for this year, cards will not be sent, presents have not been bought, I doubt I will even get my belovéd tree set up. Christmas lunch will consist of a Pot Noodle each, nice and easy with not much in the way of washing up. :wink: DD
  • mig
    Don't mind the pot noodle ( chicken an mushroom) but tea ,bah humbug. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    OK, hint taken, coffee it is. :wink: DD
  • mig
    Filtered not instant rubbish. Mig
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Glad you've got that little bit of extra time DD. You'll need lots of rest afterwards so wouldn't worry about Xmas. Feet up with quick meals, a glass of what takes your fancy and watch all the Xmas films. I'll join the others, if that's ok, to help with the oggling of the burly men. I'll bring mince pies.
    Christine
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    good to hear dd all going to plan your move,
    now as far as i understand migs is bringing the mince pies,babs is looking after the refreshments,and your good self will be handing out the pressies and mulled wine.
    dd do you think youl have time to put tree up, its a must and i think you should try to send out a few xmas cards.
    now when are the invatations being sent out for the party, ill need to put this in my diary :o
    forgot about turkey dinner ,parsnips with mine please dd :P
    Do wish you well dd in your new home and a verry happy xmas to you.
    mike26 :P
  • Catie
    Catie Member Posts: 362
    DD, good luck with your Move. We moved into this property on the 3 January, and also told that xmas and the new year were busy periods - surprised us too. The day we moved in was glorious - lots of sun. Hope the weather is good for you :)
  • dreamdaisy
    Applerose, anyone can come and ogle - the pies sound good too! Mike, you are one cheeky boy (all the parsnips will be mine, I love them). Thank you Catie, it's lovely to hear from you.

We ordered our new suite today, two sofas and two armchairs, they will be delivered in early February. I asked 'im indoors if he was getting excited. His reply was in the negative. Me? I'm veering between horror and joy. :? DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Jorror then? Or hoy :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Got the funnies today have we young Sticky . Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Nice one Sticky! :lol:

Just now it's neither. I want to tell my mum everything, about buying Beatrice, his selling his mum's house, us buying ours, that I have sold her house to a young-ish family and sold ours likewise but I can't 'cos she's not here. I do not doubt for one moment that she would have found something to criticise in every announcement (she has form on that) but even so . . . . . . . DD
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    We cancelled Christmas the year Dad passed, even so we did get a few cards from neighbours. I understand with wanting to cancel it what with moving as well.
    I have a few curry flavoured Pot noodles left over from my mid-life crisis which made me buy a box of 28 curry flavoured pot noodles from Amazon!!
    As for roast parsnips, I love them as well DD!! I actually had some last night with dinner, yummy!
    You know what? I still talk to Dad now & again to get whatever is bothering me off my chest,even though he is no longer with us. Whenever I had a problem and didn't know what to do next I would always ask him for advice, and he always cheered me up.
  • mig
    I do the same as bubba ,I tell my mum and dad everything ,I know it maybe sounds silly but it's comforting. Mig
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    I still talk to my mum after two and a half years. She has a Fac*b**k page and I leave her birthday and Christmas messages. The stair chair that was put in for her is still there and I talk to the chair as if she is sitting in it. It does help. I also buy her flowers and take them to dad's. We didn't dare cancel Christmas though. She would have had words to say if we had. But everyone has to deal with it in their own way. We are all different.
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    I've been cracking on with things, I now have boxes all over the place, all various shapes and sizes but all have one thing in common - they are heavy. :( I plan to pack another one or two this afternoon, and get someone to help me store them in the dining room. I am getting close to the end of doing what I planned to do so I am pleased with that.

I understand what you are all telling me about talking to lost family (my aunt talks to her late husband all the time) but somehow it's not for me, well, not yet. Right, it's time for a cuppa. DD
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Talking can go on in the head DD - in fact it's difficult not to at times! My mother's death was just over a year ago so I'm not too surprised to be stopped short by realising that I can't tell her things, but I find that even after 28 years I still sometimes think of things I want to tell my grandmother. The arrival of first GC was the catalyst for a certain amount of sadness in that direction but earlier this year I worked out that there was no need to feel negatively about the situation - my internal 'correspondence'(we were great letter writers the 3 of us) keeps their memory alive and is just as valid a conversation as the ones I have with 'real' people. In fact, as my mother was unable to respond for the last 18 months of her life it was a one way process so it's no different really!
  • dreamdaisy
    Ah Daffy, I do a lot of tallking in my head, it's usually based along the following lines: you can do this, just make the effort; you need to do that so it's time to get on; stop whining; time for a sit-down and a cuppa (although currently it's a sit-down with a chilled glass of a white grape-based liquid, because I packed more than I thought I could :D )

I am gearing myself for the next domestic onslaught, namely cooking. :x I wanted to change the bed today but failed on that front, no matter, that can be done tomorrow. DD
  • mig
    I did mean in my head ,if I did it out loud people would think I was cracking up. Mig