bone spurs

patsymay
patsymay Member Posts: 3
Hi, My doc. has told me I have OA and bone spurs on my spine.(after seeing Xray) I have had a MRI scan and waiting for results. Any help or adivce would me much appreciated.On non steroid anti infams and anagisic.

Comments

• lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I think I have read that bone spurs are very common with any bone that has been damaged. I had MRIs @ 30 years ago after a road accident and they were present in my neck then. When I had a knee op. after a fall they removed bone spurs then along with some torn cartilage. They just removed the bone spurs then as the knee was open, otherwise they would have just left them untill they were causing problems.
  • patsymay
    patsymay Member Posts: 3
    thank for your reply, yes mine are causing problems. A lot of pain in leg and sometimes it gives way,also pain in mid back .I cant lay on my back and have to try and sleep draped over a pile of pillows on my front
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Hi Patsymay

Thank you for your posting on the forum and my apologies for the delay in replying. We have lots of information about managing osteoarthritis in our booklets that you can download. If you click on the link this will give you access to these http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Listedbytype/Booklets

The particular booklets that you may find helpful are ‘Living with osteoarthritis, Coping with pain, Exercise and arthritis, Healthy eating and arthritis and Independent living and arthritis.

There is also information by the charity Arthritis Research UK about back pain that should help provide you with some ways of managing this condition. The link to this information is http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/conditions/back-pain.aspx

I would also like to encourage you to call us here on our freephone confidential helpline if you would like to talk things through with one of our helpline team. The number is 0808 800 4050 (10am – 4pm weekdays).

I hope this information is helpful.

Best Wishes
    Dawn