First Gritter of the Winter!

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 4. Dec 2013, 05:23 in Community Chit-chat archive
We don't have cuckoos round here (too urban? I dunno) so I don't do the spring thing but we had the first gritter of the winter swing by last evening at 6 and tonight at 5.10. When we move the 'new' road will not be gritted so we could be in for a skiddy winter. :) I guess it's a benefit of living on a main route in and out of town (the sight of gritters, buses and ambulances spring to mind) and something I may miss - but not for long. :wink: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It will be so much nicer for you both.
    I woke up the other morning to our neighbour scrapping frost off his car. Mig
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    I noticed that the entrance to the Job Centre had been liberally spread with rocksalt this morning, making it rather difficult to walk on that stretch of pavement. Yet another obstacle in the way of those with mobility problems trying to find work......?!
  • stixx420
    stixx420 Member Posts: 6
    It's been quite mild up here still in yorkshire, not much frost etc, wonder if we'll get any snowfall this month hmm 8)
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    when was the last time it snowed on Christmas day. I remember 1969 or 1970-the year I got my bicycle but think that might have been the last time.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Apparently it was 2010. I remember it snowed in Nov 2010and after Christmas in 2010 but can't remember it on Christmas day. mind you I live in the south,

e x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh to be off a busy rd..it will be worth it DD..I have a friend that lives high up on the moors..she watches the weather forecast and stocks up on whatever...she wouldn't move for the world..mind you her hubby would when he cant get into work...
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    And so it starts!! The gritters are out early so they can stay on top of the ice and snow that the weather people are warning about starting early this year!! :o:o