Going away AGAIN lol

tjt6768
tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
edited 31. Dec 2013, 12:12 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi folks. .
Yes, we are once again going on our travels.. I hate to admit this but we are going..... TO THE DARK SIDE :shock:
Lancaster

Haha

We are going tomorrow till Friday. Just another break.. taking mum and two good friends are joining us.. I know already that I will end up spending a fair bit of time alone at the hotel as I'm not doing great with the knees lately and cannot walk far at all. Even with the crutches.

Hopefully I will have good signal then so at least you lot can keep me company lol
e050.gifMe-Tony
n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
k040.gif
Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP

Comments

• bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Have a good time! Not sure if Lancaster has ever heard of broadband or wi-fi!! :lol::lol:
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Oh, you lucky fella. Have a lovely time Tony. Why cant you maybe hire a wheel chair and then you would be able to go out with your wife and friends. :xmas_cheesygrin:
    Karen xx
  • tjt6768
    I'm not that sure they have electricity bubba lol

I've been thinking just that lastly Karen.
    In fact I've just booked tickets to see derren brown next march and have opted for a wheelchair place as I know I won't be able to walk far enough to get to other seats. Plus I know that I will be on the end of an isle and won't be disturbed every two minutes.

:D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hope you have a lovely relaxing time Tony................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Tony...you enjoy it the best you can...I always say you can be in pain at home...I am quite a bit older but my wheelchair has become my bestist friend for shows and such.....you take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Have to agree with Barbara , wheelchairs are great for shows and concerts . We've recently been to see Status Quo and Jools Holland . You get a great view , no pushing and shoving and can enjoy the evening . Hope you enjoy your trip away , Tony .
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Dear Toy

You deserve a break. I know it's the dark side, but we can rescue you if needs be :wink:

Take care now

Love and ((()))

Toni xxx
  • tjt6768
    Thank you girls :xmas_cheesygrin:
    I will of course HAVE to wear my Leeds United t-shirt, it is apparently the law when entering the BLACK ABYSS OF THE WRONG SIDE OF THE PENNINES :shock: :? :lol:

I am sure that if there is signal at the hotel then I shall log in.. most of pur recent trips have ended with me spending most of my time waiting in the hotel.. in too much pain to join the fun :(
    never mind though haha :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    I hope you enjoy your trip away. Good idea hiring a wheelchair then you can choose to go out or stay in and rest.
    Christine
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Have a good week, Tony. It's a long time since I was near Lancaster but it was good then.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    Thank you one n all..
    I'm just waiting for J to finish work, then a quick trip to Costco and hopefully set off..
    We will no doubt be exploring the whole area..
    I will be having a rest as soon as we get there. Had no sleep last night thanks to my knees send legs playing up summat horrid :xmas_cry:
    I managed an hour this morning but that's all..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    I hope they know what they are letting themselves in for allowing you in you nutter!. :madnoel: :presents1: :areindeer:
  • tjt6768
    I am in Morecambe bay.. I'm that ard I've scared the tide out lol

We got to the hotel in Lancaster around 15.00 yesterday. Had some food in the pub next door but I ended up going back to the room early. My neck was really bad. It's every time I drive now I get a hot shooting pain in the middle of the shoulders on my spine.. it's really awful.
    So I went to bed and stayed there till around 13.00 today. We all came across to Morecambe in Eric's car.. I've just come back to sit in it while they go have s nosey around. I managed to look around one antique shop and that was it. :cry:

While they were out getting breakfast this morning Janet bought me two new knee straps. . Twenty quid each :shock: it's a disgrace..
    She also bought me a plug in heat pad.. it's about a foot n half square with different heat settings etc.. and washable.
    That was thirty quid.. I was very grateful but it was a lot to spend.
    Bless her...

I'm gonna start a thread in lwa about this pain in the neck (no, not Eric. . Lol)

:xmas_cool:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    I am in Morecambe bay.. I'm that ard I've scared the tide out lol

We got to the hotel in Lancaster around 15.00 yesterday. Had some food in the pub next door but I ended up going back to the room early. My neck was really bad. It's every time I drive now I get a hot shooting pain in the middle of the shoulders on my spine.. it's really awful.
    So I went to bed and stayed there till around 13.00 today. We all came across to Morecambe in Eric's car.. I've just come back to sit in it while they go have s nosey around. I managed to look around one antique shop and that was it. :cry:

While they were out getting breakfast this morning Janet bought me two new knee straps. . Twenty quid each :shock: it's a disgrace..
    She also bought me a plug in heat pad.. it's about a foot n half square with different heat settings etc.. and washable.
    That was thirty quid.. I was very grateful but it was a lot to spend.
    Bless her...

I'm gonna start a thread in lwa about this pain in the neck (no, not Eric. . Lol)

:xmas_cool:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • applerose
    Ooooh, that hot shooting pain sounds terrible. Hope it doesn't stop you from doing too much. Wow, those things were expensive but, as you say, it was lovely of Janet to get them for you. And you are still being your cheerful self. :xmas_cool:
    Christine
  • tjt6768
    applerose wrote:
    Ooooh, that hot shooting pain sounds terrible. Hope it doesn't stop you from doing too much. Wow, those things were expensive but, as you say, it was lovely of Janet to get them for you. And you are still being your cheerful self. :xmas_cool:

I am so sorry that I have only just seen this... :xmas_redface:
    thank you so much for the reply hun..
    I have been to the docs today and have increased the pain meds.. the heat pad is still being used and is wonderful :xmas_cheesygrin:

As for me, I am afraid that my cheerful self is slightly hiding behind the curtains of pain lol.. I am trying very hard to get back to the way I was before but have been pretty down for a while now.. I will get there I am sure, especially with the help of all you wonderful people on here :wink:

thanks rose
    xx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • applerose
    You're welcome. That's why we are all on here, to help each other along. As for only just finding the post, don't worry about that. Sometimes there is a lot to get through. I often only get in to the cafe before I am too tired to check anything else. Hopefully, the pain meds will be a big help to you. x
    Christine