New Baby

Sharon2960
Sharon2960 Member Posts: 329
edited 4. Jan 2014, 12:25 in Community Chit-chat archive
We've had the best Christmas present - our first, beautiful, granddaughter arrived on Sunday morning! Are we in love? Oh, you bet we are! Her name is Seren, she weighed 6lb 2oz, and has a head full of thick dark hair.

Had a very anxious couple of weeks, culminating in an emergency c section, which most likely explains the arther pain levels increasing rather! But the nanny cuddles override all of that, with the help of cocodamol!

And, guess what? They want to come to us tomorrow for Christmas Day - may only be due to them not having food in, but I'll take that!

If I knew how to do it, I would put a pic up!

So, HAPPY, HAPPY, Christmas everyone!

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sharon has you already know I am so pleased for you...and what more could you ask...at yours for Christmas....you enjoy.. :rudolph: xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Congratulations!

Have a lovely day tomorrow, I'm sure you will :presents1:

Happy Christmas
    Numpty
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    How exciting and doesn't it make Christmas even more special? As for them wanting to come to you, isn't that the perfect gift you can give them - a chance to enjoy festive fare and company without the difficulties of trying to organise it themselves. A C-section and newborn are not the best combination for dealing with shopping crowds or trying to think what needs to be done!
    Enjoy... and make the most of the cuddles while she's small - they soon get heavy as I'm finding out with my 3 month GD!
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hope you and your family had a lovely Christmas with the new arrival. What a magical Christmas!
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Oh congratulations! How wonderful!

xxAnna
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Ooooh, a Christmas baby. Congratulations to you all. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas Day, although I'm sure you will have.
    Christine
  • Sharon2960
    Our Christmas Day was wonderful thanks, all I could have dreamed of! Until I was winding GD in the evening and she hiccuped blood; so a trip to a & e, saw doc and paediatrician, discharged with clean bill of health (mummy's got nipple erosion apparently!). Finally got to bed at 4, up again at 7 to get brekkie for visitors who were staying and needed to get away for THEIR Boxing Day visitors! But we've gad a real chillin time since, with no visitors and no real stresses!

Hood your Xmas was a good one too xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    AW Sharon :)

How lovely - the new baby for Christmas lunch :xmas_cheesygrin: Poor Mum having that erosion, but a relief for all the adults eh :areindeer:

Ours was lovely too quiet and peaceful :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    That's lovely Sharon. . I am so pleased for you..
    Wonder how long I will have to wait to be a grandad now my daughter is married lol.
    I can't wait to be honest. I adore babies... :xmas_cheesygrin: xx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    and you'll make a great Granddad too Tony :)

How's Mum and baby doing Sharon?? Is she gaining??

Love

Toni xxx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Thanks Toni. X :xmas_cheesygrin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Sharon ...poor mum...hope she is not to sore..it must have been a shock for you though...glad you have chilled out ...same here ...has a little stroll today...the weather is lovely..can just imagine Tony has a GD...the little one will be spoiled rotten.... :rudolph:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Sharon2960
    Thanks everyone for your good wishes.

Christmas has been bit hectic - new baby; brother came back from Dubai to celebrate his big 50; then Christmas; then my niece got married on 28th; my birthday on 29th; now it's New Year's Eve! It's all a bit if a blur, but wonderful!

Baby is now 9 days old, weighed 6lb 2oz at birth, weighed today at 6lb 10oz - apparently mum's producing gold top!

Hope Christmas was fab for everyone!
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Been away for Christmas just catching up with everyone, congratulations Sharon on your GD hope mums a bit better, gosh you have had a busy time, belated happy birthday to you hope you had a lovey day............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Hi Sharon,

Just wanted to say a huge congratulations from me and welcome to the world of granny-hood. It is wonderful. :D

t8714.gif

I can tell you how to put a photo on the forum if you like or I can do it for you? Just send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'