Well thats is for another year

Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 30. Dec 2013, 11:39 in Community Chit-chat archive
oh well back to normal tomorrow thank goodness don't enjoy Christmas as much as I used to when we had the family around each year but these days our eldest daughter and family and my sister al live in Ramsgate and Margate so we generally don't see them. our youngest daughter although she is spending it with us this year usually spends it with friends these days, so it usually just myself and Mr Turbo and basically all he dose is watch the telly not much conversation ect . in fact this year has been very quite bordering on boring what with one not wanting to be disturbed while watching the telly and the other one nagging nonstop about her st john ambulance of which I gave up at the end of last year and not letting yours truly get a word in edgeways, don't know what is worse him or her still it will all be over tomorrow. :roll: :noel: :santa:
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Well Carol - that sounded like fun :?

Mr Turbo found things to watch on TV???? He did better than me then ;) I managed the 'call the midwife' and a few soaps ah yes and 'open all hours' and that was about it!

Our kids are getting older too, but still made they day special bless them their OH's popped round those who have them.

I sent Mr Frogmorton to the football yesterday afternoon ,and after my brother and his lot went, spent a quiet afternoon ALONE :) BLISS :xmas_cheesygrin:

That's it now Carol till New Year :)

Love to you

Toni xxx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    I'm doing the same as you Toni only this Sun. Sending Peter to the match and going to spend a quiet afternoon chilling out :madnoel:
    Christmas day was a bit boring for me as well....Sarah stayed over from Christmas Eve, Christmas day she came to a short service with me in the morning and after that for the rest of the day she played on her blinkin' phone :roll: At least it livened up a bit about 6.30 when Paul Anna anf=d Grace {still just 9 years old} came for tea.
    That's it as you say gran ...over and done with for another year.
    Been to Slimming World recently :lol: I'm scared to go back

Love
    Hileena
  • Turbogran
    Yeah it was fun ha ha but that's how it is these days not sure who is worse OH or daughter they are so alike very quite and only bother with themselves :roll: whereas our eldest is more like me which is totally the reverse :lol: but well I still wouldn't be without any of them. Did have a chill out today thou as I had to go out and get a few bits so had a chill and a coffee in the local C***a and oh did I enjoy that.
    Hileena I didn't go to slimming world on Monday this week as weather was bad but on back in 17th I was half a pound under lower range of my target but think I may be up a bit this week but that's ok cos I can afford to get back into target. :madnoel:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • hileena111
    Well Done You
    I missed last Monday as well but the previous week I was 1 lb above my lower target range.....so that still give me another 2 lb and a weeks grace if I go over that....which I have no doubts about. :lol: .....I feel as if I have put plenty on

Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    u040.gif

there you are girls!

Check it out before you go ;)

Love

Toni xxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I usually hate Christmas day as it involves me rushing about to get everybody ready to go to Nan's house,trying to soothe my Son and keep him under control when I get there, everybody else getting drunk and then begging my Son to go to sleep when I am so exhausted I can hardly move!

This year it was really nice. We had 2 older relatives so I sat and chatted to them when I could, made them tea etc. 2 of my children sat at the table with the family (12 of us) AND tried the food. OH didn't drink so was much more amiable and we were able to go home to sleep in our own beds.

Only blight was the neighbours were having a party so we had to swap bedrooms to allow my Son to try to filter out the noise.

Totally agree about the TV Toni. I don 't think I managed to watch anything on Christmas day. :xmas_redface:

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Heee Carol I had to laugh when Toni said what did your hubby find so good on TV...mind you mine is the same sits there with the remote...my GD got a thing that turns the TV off and on and she was winding him up....good luck when you go back to SW.... :rudolph: xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    he he Barbara glad I'm not the only whose OH thinks he is lord and master of the remote control believe it or not at this very moment he is sitting in on the sofa with the dog remote control in hand and both of them are asleep but if I was to take the remote control off of him to turn tele over he would wake up straight away and say I was watching that. it makes me laugh :roll:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • hileena111
    I think they must all be the same :lol:
    Mine is exactly....what he found to watch I don't know but I found very little.
    He's the same....if he were to fall asleep and {I used to take the remote control out of his hand} I crept over to the TV and changed it manually........he would do exactly the same....."Why did you do that...I was watching that"{and snoring at the same} :lol: time

Love
    Hileena
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    You lot are lucky! I've got Mr bubba at home till 6th January 2014!! Luckily he has this new hobby so he spends a few hours up in his new hobby room! Painting or cutting his model BRISCA cars, but the rest of the time I have to put up with him moaning if he's bored! I sent him off to a BRISCA meeting on Boxing Day so had the house to myself till mid afternoon and West Bromwich Albion FC V West Ham where on the telly on Saturday so he was happy watching that Match! It's keeping these men happy that's the trick. Just one more week to endure,only joking he hasn't been that bad this year! :wink:
  • hileena111
    Hi
    I wish I could count the days like that :lol:
    Mine retired a while back and although he's great and very supportive.....I could do with a lot more "me" time

Love
    Hileena
  • Turbogran
    my OH has retired things were ok cos he would do what he wanted during the day and I would go my own merry way and he would not spend so much time on his laptop. But our church minister has managed to get him involved in a course at a theological collage he only attends college one Saturday a month but every other weekday he spends between say 9.15 am to 12noon and then again from about 2pm to 5.pm shut up in our spare room which he uses as an office studying. then its the tv till bedtime so there is very little conversation goes on as you get complained at if you ask or tell him something at any of these times. but I must admit when he is needed if there is any problems he can be very supportive. so I suppose that will have to do. :lol: although in my case a bit more us time would be nice (wishful thinking here).
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    bubbadog wrote:
    You lot are lucky! I've got Mr bubba at home till 6th January 2014!! Luckily he has this new hobby so he spends a few hours up in his new hobby room! Painting or cutting his model BRISCA cars, but the rest of the time I have to put up with him moaning if he's bored! I sent him off to a BRISCA meeting on Boxing Day so had the house to myself till mid afternoon and West Bromwich Albion FC V West Ham where on the telly on Saturday so he was happy watching that Match! It's keeping these men happy that's the trick. Just one more week to endure,only joking he hasn't been that bad this year! :wink:

I had to look up BRISCA cars! British stock car Association I think!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein