did a daft thing

bridesmum
bridesmum Member Posts: 181
edited 1. Jan 2014, 11:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
I decided to cook a gammon joint today to take to my mums on new years day. As I was tipping it from the pan of boiling water into the colander my stupid weak fingers let it slip and it splashed all over my chest and right wrist. I dragged my blouse and camisole off and wet a towel and held it over my chest whilst running cold water over my wrist. Luckily I was wearing a padded bra so my chest is okay! My wrist however is red and swollen and has a few small blisters, I think that the bracelet I was wearing conducted the heat as it's in a perfect circle! I should have asked my husband to do it, but even after 12 years of fibro I still forget that my hands and fingers aren't as strong as they used to be.
Wishing a healthier less painful 2014 for all of us. Debxx

Comments

• lindylou
    lindylou Member Posts: 7
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Ouch! Get some savlon or teatree on the sore parts. Hope youre ok.
    I haven't been diagnosed very long but I have periods where I just forget or refuse to ask for help.
    Happy New year!
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    You will need to watch the blisters if they burst Deb in case of infection, you should maybe speak to the pharmacist before they close, hope your wrist gets better soon. All the best for 2104..................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh gosh burns are so painful I do feel for you...please keep an eye on them to make sure they don't get infected...we all do daft things it is called not giving in...you take care and I hope you are not in to much pain..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bridesmum
    bridesmum Member Posts: 181
    Thanks for your kind words. I'm sure I'll survive worse. Wishing everyone a happy and healthy new year. Deb x
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Ouch- sounds painful, lucky it wasn't worse. Hope it feels better soon.

Deb x
  • Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    Oh no! I hope you feel better soon! X
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    I hope ure feeling better?

(((Get well))) Xx xX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hope you're alright today Deb and that your burn has eased.

Happy New Year :xmas_cheesygrin:

Love

Toni xxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Wow Debs! You should really get your wrist checked over as it depends on what degree burns you have. I hope you burns are little better today and that you had an enjoyable new years eve.
  • lavenderlady
    lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
    I do hope your burns healing ok , I do things like that but my family forget I cannot do certain things and I am too proud to ask for help, but am starting to learn to put me first in fact its my new. years resolution