The joy of fibro - not.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 6. Jan 2014, 14:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
He is huddled on the sofa, dressed in socks, trackie bottoms, Tshirt, dressing gown and covered by a doubled-over fleece blanket.

Me? I am wearing a nightie and 'glowing' like there's no tomorrow. It's 7 degrees and one of us is at odds: yup, as ever it's me. I have to finish the washing up then I am going outside for a lovely blast of coolth.

Sometimes life is very exasperating and this is one of those times. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• bridesmum
    bridesmum Member Posts: 181
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I know the feeling, I was asking my husband to turn the heating off as I was roasting, but he was complaining that his feet were freezing, despite 2 pairs of socks! I'm currently lying on top of my bed with the duvet thrown to one side and still too hot.
    I've had fibro for about 12 years now and am due to start my first ever fibromyalgia management course. My rhuemy referred me 18 months ago, so fingers crossed it will be of benefit.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hope you have cooled down a wee bit DD, I am the opposite I feel the cold so much and it flares me up, I dread to think what my heating bill is going to be, it will be your electricity bill with all that washing, lets hope it doesn't last too long.............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    DD we had neighbours round the other day and they laughed when they saw the fan....oh well we plod on ...I hope that 2014ismuch kinder to you..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello DD
    I haven't got fibro and I don't know a lot about it but I hope it calms down for you.
    have a good 2014 take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    You have my sincere sympathies DD. I can't control my temp either & of course the cold weather causes huge problems with the arthririses!! Lose lose it seems is our norm :lol:

I hope you feel better this year.

Xx xX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    DD I just wanted to lend my support, it's horrible to be feeling so unwell especially at this time of year. I too have FM as well as the Psa. and so empathise with what you're going through.

Be good to yourself and not so hard, take it easy and hope things improve soon.
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you everyone, I have some better news: I am feeling cold! :D It won't last (I have to go and hang out some washing on the airer and I'll be dripping again in no time but for now? Brrrrrrrrrrrrr. :lol:

Mr DD has gone to watch the footy, it's blowing a gale, it's raining too but that has not deterred him. I am staying in and being a good little housewife. DD
  • ritwren
    Hope it lasts for you DD.
  • dreamdaisy
    What is wrong with me? I went to Sainsbriz this morning and people were snuggled in coats, hats, scarves and gloves. I was wearing a linen summer shirt, cotton skirt, Crocs on me trotters and was still dripping. This is very tiresome and wearing. DD
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Hello dd,

Are you going through the change?
  • dreamdaisy
    Alas no, been there and done that between the ages of 46 and 50. This is a ghastly combination of fibro and maybe meds side-effects but it means I've been melting and soggy for the last eight years. Ho-hum. DD
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I do get very clammy and hot, never thought it would be connected to fibro! Anyway, I feel your pain. My family are snuggled up wearing dressing gowns, under a huge blanket while I'm wearing a t-shirt and thin trousers begging them to turn the heating down.

I'm probably not very popular around here. :madnoel:
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    I'm in your corner DD-and I put it down to the RA and meds- sitting here in a thin cotton shirt while hubby has a thick jumper and a gilet-I sneaked open the bedroom window to cool the room before I head to bed-and will no doubt spend at least half the night on top of the quilt or dangling my legs out of the bed trying to get cool :?

With that slightly comical image in mind I bid you a good noght and cool dreams!!!!!!!!

Deb x
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Hello dd,

Melting and soggy makes me think of a warm pork dripping butty;
    not in any way good for any form of arthritis, nor any medicinal side
    effects, but so very very tasty.
    I'll have one for breakfast after my sugar free and healthy porridge.
    Seriously I'll mention this to the Chief Fairy who is blighted with
    polymyalgia and suffers from similar warm sessions as you do.
    Happy new year; I'm off for my dripping butty.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I know the feeling DD! I was frying the other day and my OH opened the back door for me to step outside and cool down!! Some area's of me feel like there glowing like a beacon and feel like you could fry an egg on them!! I do seem to get it when I'm in bed as well my OH likes to use me as a human hot water bottle for a while and then later in the night kicks me out of the bed in to the spare room because I'm too hot!! :roll:
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    I know just how you feel DD, my thermostat went out the window when fibro moved in, some years back now. I can overheat in a flash and it takes me hours to cool off, even in short sleeved cotton tops I am awash, then, when the thermostat controls go the other way, I cannot get warm. Cannot bear being smothered in clothes though, sends me dappy. I did find a coat the other week that was so many xxxxxxxxx larges, that is wonderful, leather, but it is so roomy I can breathe in it rather than be smothered in it.

Summer is not my fav time, I just melt, we have an air conditioner for the front room, just to make life more bearable. Now I am off to the back door, as I am heating up again. xx bubbles :roll:
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • ritwren
    How are you feeling now DD? Hope you're a bit better and more comfortable.
    Ritwren
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you everyone for your replies - it's rather nice to know that I am not the only one struggling with living a soggy life. :( I am getting to grips with the fact that this is another thing out of my control. :roll: I do my best to cope by wearing only natural fibres, using natural fibres around the house and ensuring I have my fan to hand but . . . . . . it is very wearing, yes? DD
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    DD, I'm going to send you some of my icicles currently hanging off fingers and toes. There is no happy medium, apparently :roll: .